What's new

Dish 500/PVR501 newbie questions (1 Viewer)

Bernard Blasko

Auditioning
I just just finished installing my Dish 500 and have a few questions. First, the best signal I can get on the 119 East satellite is around 55, and 95 on the 110 West. I have a clear shot at the satellites, so I was wondering if the skew adjustment might be off a little.
Second, I have the RCA outputs going into my Amp, which in turn, goes to my family room TV. Can I run a feed out of the RF output of the PVR to a second set in the bedroom? I realize that the picture quality might not be very good, but I can accept that for now.
Third, can I run some RG-6 into the existing RG-59U that presently goes to the bedroom? I have a split level house, and getting a new cable all the way from the family room to the bedroom would be a major project.
Sorry for so many questions, but I thought I would go to "the experts" for some answers.

Wayne Clark

Agent
First question: if you give up some of the signal strength on 110 can you pick up more signal on 119 (more of a balance) or is 55 on 119 as good as it gets and 110 is at 95 at that point?
Second question: Yes, you should be able to use both the RCA jacks and the Co-Axial at the same time.
Third question: If I understand what you are asking. Yes, you can connect RG-6 from the unit to the wall, then RG-59 through the wall to the bedroom, then RG-6 (or whatever) from the wall to the TV. As I understand it, RG-6 is important for Satellite only from the dish to the receiver.
I hope this helps, I hope if any of my advise is wrong one the more knowledgeable will speak up. Good luck, Wayne.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks