Dish 500/PVR501 newbie questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bernard Blasko, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Bernard Blasko

Bernard Blasko Auditioning

Sep 3, 2001
    I just just finished installing my Dish 500 and have a few questions. First, the best signal I can get on the 119 East satellite is around 55, and 95 on the 110 West. I have a clear shot at the satellites, so I was wondering if the skew adjustment might be off a little.
    Second, I have the RCA outputs going into my Amp, which in turn, goes to my family room TV. Can I run a feed out of the RF output of the PVR to a second set in the bedroom? I realize that the picture quality might not be very good, but I can accept that for now.
    Third, can I run some RG-6 into the existing RG-59U that presently goes to the bedroom? I have a split level house, and getting a new cable all the way from the family room to the bedroom would be a major project.
    Sorry for so many questions, but I thought I would go to "the experts" for some answers.
  2. Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark Agent

Dec 28, 1999
    First question: if you give up some of the signal strength on 110 can you pick up more signal on 119 (more of a balance) or is 55 on 119 as good as it gets and 110 is at 95 at that point?
    Second question: Yes, you should be able to use both the RCA jacks and the Co-Axial at the same time.
    Third question: If I understand what you are asking. Yes, you can connect RG-6 from the unit to the wall, then RG-59 through the wall to the bedroom, then RG-6 (or whatever) from the wall to the TV. As I understand it, RG-6 is important for Satellite only from the dish to the receiver.
    I hope this helps, I hope if any of my advise is wrong one the more knowledgeable will speak up. Good luck, Wayne.