What's new

Directv Local Channels arrive.. need additional equipment. Help? (1 Viewer)

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I live in Jacksonville, FL and we just got local channels now on directv but I need the additional equipment (according to the website: Residents of the following areas have access to local channels with a DIRECTV Multi-Satellite System, which includes a special set-top receiver and an 18x24-inch, oval-shaped satellite dish)

Does anyone use Directv local channels in the cities that require the multi-satellite system?

Here they are:

• Buffalo, NY
• Grand Rapids, MI
• Hartford, CT
• Knoxville, TN
• Las Vegas, NV
• Norfolk, VA
• Oklahoma City, OK
• Providence, RI
• New Orleans, LA

Is this the same oval dish that picks up the HDTV satellite? Also, I will need another receiver instead of the one I have in order to use the multi-satellite system? So I can expect about 100 bucks up front?

Are local channels even worth this much hassle? Heh. I use basic cable now. Is there a dramatic improvement in pic quality from cable for local channels? I heard they aren't digital and just analog converted to digital. I have a large projection tv so cable does look noticably worse than satellite (obviously) but would enjoy better quality.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks