What's new

Dipole surround placement?? (1 Viewer)

StevenB

Agent
Hi,
I just bought the Klipsch RC-7 (center), Klipsch RF-7 (pair mains), and 3 of the Klipsch RS-7 surrounds (the odd one for the rear center of my 6.1 setup). I am going from tower surrounds to these and I am not quite sure where to place these new dipoles.
My room is 21' x 14' approx. My TV is along the longer wall with the 'sweet spot' almost smack in the middle (slightly closer to the back of the room).
Should I place the RS-7's in the corners or to my side?
How high should I place them in relation to the ground?
Should I keep my rear center RS-7 at the same height as the other two surrounds?
Thanks in advance,
Steve

John H

Second Unit
Dipolar surrounds should usually be positioned directly to the sides of the listening position. I would place the tweeters 2-3' above ear level.

I would also suggest positioning your rear center at the same height.

John

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
Dolby's website has a great Guide to Home Theatre that will help you place your surrounds.
If possible, I would do what John suggests.
Any reason why your TV isn't along the shorter wall? IMO, you may have better options (possibly both visually and sonically) if you put the TV on the 14' wall, thereby creating more space behind your viewing area to place your 3 surrounds. But then again, I'm not familiar with your layout! :)
Todd

StevenB

Agent
Thanks for the quick reply folks. Now my next question...Where can I find speaker mounts that will hold these heavy speakers?
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks