What's new

'Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza' for the PC! Where the hell did this come from?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
B00005NCEP.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I haven't read or heard anything about this, and Amazon lists as coming out in 2 weeks! The screen shots look interesting, though not amazing. But I love the sound of playing through Die Hard! :D I found the original Die Hard Trilogy game rather underwhelming. :frowning:
The details for this one sound interesting:
-40 single-player levels-one on each floor of the Nakatomi Plaza
-Missions are based on the film but also include many unique never-before-seen scenarios
-A bag-inspired inventory system allows players to store weapons and devices
-Morale System lets players' decisions affect the reaction of hostages and the aggressive behaviours of the terrorists
-Nakatomi Plaza is re-created in exacting detail per the blockbuster Die Hard movie

Let's hope it doesn't suck. Has anyone heard anything else about this one, or played the demo. I was a bit put off by Amazon's low £16.99 price - why so low?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I've fooled around with the demo. It's pretty cool. The graphics look standard for FPS. The AI of the enemies in the demo was pretty good as well. The terrorists are a bit wiley and don't just stand there when I kill them.

Ike

Screenwriter
I played the demo for all of 15 minutes before deciding it was another extremely bland action game. A complete yawn fest, at least from the small portion I played.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Well, I heard this uses the LithTech engine now, but there used to be a Half-Life mod in development called Nakatomi Plaza which sought to recreate the first Die Hard movie. And, in all likelihood, the product was ambitious enough that Sierra decided to pick it up and publish it at a lower price in order to see some return on the game, instead of it being a free mod.

Now whether it's good enough to warrant that, I couldn't tell you, but the screenshots from its Half-Life days looked fine enough to me.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
They are using the Lithtech engine...so you are right, this isn't going to blow anyone away graphically.

Ok, stupid question: I can't figure out for the life of me how to use the wire cutters once you get them after killing all the terrorists in the first level ( 39th floor ). Any hints ?

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Is it already out in the US? Damn, its been pushed back to middle of May here. Release date changes sucks!

I'm not sure if it's in full release. I DL'd the demo version ( fileplanet ). But I just can't figure out how to use these #@!^&%&$# wire cutters one you pick 'em up !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks