What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Did you ask for any TV-DVD's from Santa? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well . . . Guys. . . Did any of you ask for any TV DVDs from Santa this year? I asked for Wild Wild West season 4, the complete Man From Uncle set, and Bonanza set 1?

How about you guys? And were you good enough to ask? Or do you think you have coal coming?

James

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I've asked for ...

Mister Ed: Season One - I would rather have this be given to me than buying it for myself.
Rhoda: Season One - Same as Mr. Ed
MacGyver: The Complete First Season
The Simpsons: The Complete Eleventh Season

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE S6TAXI S3TAXI S4UNTOUCHABLES S3 V1VEGA$ S1 V1MANNIX S3THE FUGITIVE S3 V1THE FUGITIVE S3 V2UNTOUCHABLES S3 V2DONNA REED SHOW S3PERRY MASON S4 V2
I guess only Santa knows if I've been nice this year :)

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
I've asked Santa for DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES Season 5. Beyond that, it's a relatively quiet Christmas regarding new TV-on-DVD sets. I've bought so many during the year, I've decided to slow it down a lot in 2010, by only getting further releases from shows I'm already collecting. I have decided I would not buy any new series in 2010, unless Warner surprises us by releasing CHINA BEACH, but I'm not holding my breath.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Originally Posted by whisperintherain ">[/url]
I've bought so many during the year, I've decided to slow it down a lot in 2010, by only getting further releases from shows I'm already collecting.
[/QUOTE]
I Know how you feel! It's going to be the same for me for the most part. I have a feeling my Nieces will be getting more Anime Series Box Sets than I will of ANY Series in this upcoming new year!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I actually buy what I want during all the pre-Christmas sales and hand them to my wife to wrap and put under the tree. She *hates* this 'cause there's no suprise. I *love* it 'cause there's no suprise. So... getting:

Planet Earth - The Complete Series
Red Dwarf - The Complete Series
Sliders - S4
Friends - S1, S2, S4 (Filling in gaps from last summer's Big Lots sales)
NewsRadio - S5 (finally picking this one up to complete the set)
Three Stooges - V6
The Big Bang Theory - S2

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
inside of TV dvds i've asked my sister for a few Disney films to replace the ones i own on VHS.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Ditto Here. For the record here's my "Santa List"

Charlie's Angels: Season 4
JAG: Season 9
Mannix: Seasons 1-3
Mission Impossible: Season 7

Originally Posted by BobO'Link

I actually buy what I want during all the pre-Christmas sales and hand them to my wife to wrap and put under the tree. She *hates* this 'cause there's no suprise. I *love* it 'cause there's no suprise. So... getting:

Planet Earth - The Complete Series
Red Dwarf - The Complete Series
Sliders - S4
Friends - S1, S2, S4 (Filling in gaps from last summer's Big Lots sales)
NewsRadio - S5 (finally picking this one up to complete the set)
Three Stooges - V6
The Big Bang Theory - S2

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
You must have all been very good boys and girls. Don't see too much mention of coal in the stocking coming.

James

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Could be getting Coal.. but I would prefer Pellets so I can burn them, mighty cold up here today!

As far as TV sets, I too usually buy what I want, I might ask for Best buy or Amazon Certificates to help that. I find TV Box sets are for the most part mostly attainable online at good prices or for that matter at all. Not too many Brick and Morters carry the ones I want, it makes it too difficult to ask for.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Santa Claus has gone "Green" this year. Coal, when burned emits "Greenhouse Gases" so he has discontinued giving these out. Instead, all of those who have been "Bad" will receive "Reality" Show DVDs instead of Presents!

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Star Wars- The Clone Wars: Season One
And I think I added the first couple volumes of Peanuts/Charlie Brown cartoons from the 60's and 70's. Can't remember the exact titles. [/COLOR]

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
- Days That Shook The World, Season 2

Got the first season last Christmas and just loved it.

- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Vol. XVI

Love me this show. Really need to get caught up in my collecting.

- Lost Season Five

Goes without saying. This will *crosses fingers* hopefully be the first Blu-Ray on TV I'll get.

- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season One

Dying to see this on HD-TV given when I saw the first season on regular TV, it was too dark to make a lot out.

- Star Trek Season One

Oh come on. The classic show on Blu-Ray, loaded with extras? Yes, sir, I want some.

There are others, but realistically, that's about as much as I'd expect to get. Anything else is gravy.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Santa did the asking this year. "Do I want an Amazon gift card, and how much?"

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Regulus /forum/thread/295994/did-you-ask-for-any-tv-dvd-s-from-santa#post_3639801

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Didn't ask for any myself, but my mother will be getting from me both volumes of S4 of "Perry Mason" since she loves to go through those.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jack P ">[/url]

Didn't ask for any myself, but my mother will be getting from me both volumes of S4 of "Perry Mason" since she loves to go through those.
[/QUOTE]She's not the only one

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks