What's new

Did my speakers take 8 months to break in? (1 Viewer)

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
I have recently noticed that my hometheater is sounding allot better though I haven't changed anything besides adding a HD OTA tuner which required a slight rearrangement of my components. What could've caused this? Did my speakers finally break in I haven't recalibrated in a few months or touched any of the levels? Could something have been realigned just right when I installed the tuner. Or is this more proof that I am going crazy?

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Mike,

Some speakers do have extraordinarily long break in times, but I think of it as a more gradual thing. Over time they sound slightly better. Maybe the improvement you notice is due to the physical rearrangement of your electronics... maybe there's less interference, better vibration control, etc. Also if you re-connected everything you might have cleaned some imperfect connections. My stereo sounds slightly different each day and sometimes at different times in the same day, most likely because of changing power line conditions.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Yes, if like most of us on the forum, you setup your system, plug it in, and just post questions on the forum :D

I'm guilty as charged!

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Another thing to ponder is if you (or your wife) rearranged the furniture? The new configuration could have changed the room acoustics.

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
I think I figured it out, no nothing got rearranged I am the only person living here, and I am certain my cat didn't move anything shes not big enough. I think I figured it out now, its between the rearranging of the components to put the HD OTA tuner on its own shelf for heat reasons though I already had all the signal and power cords running through opposite sides of the rack. Also I think the speakers may have loosened up since I have been able to run the system at a decent volume for longer periods of time since my cranky neighbor is gone. Or maybe its just karma coming back to me for talking someone out of buying Bose. Not to mention spending the whole evening redoing the poor excuse for speaker wiring the contractor did who built his house. I won't go into detail on that fiasco, but lets just say that a builder doing a 500k house shouldn't be using leftover 28 gauge wire from the alarm system as wire for speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks