What's new

did MLB baseball playoffs on Fox look bad in HD? (1 Viewer)

Rob Michaw

Stunt Coordinator
I have had my HD receiver for about 10 days now. I have been blown away by HD content for the most part. I am absolutely in love with Monday Night Football...it is unbelievable quality.

Coming off watching a game of MNF last night, I was wondering if the poor looking HD broadcast on Fox was just a poor broadcast, a different HD version or poor cameras? Maybe it was just poor reception on my part...but it definitely was soft and edgy on my set. The graphics had a shimmering pattern, as did some of the backgrounds.

Just curious. Thanks.

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
From what I heard on avs, the broadcast was 480i widescreen upconverted. I noticed that it looked crapy as well. :thumbsdown: to fox.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it wasn't HD and it looked awful.

Couldn't sound any worse either with McCarver. I hear Jeter has produced his own Flu vaccine to fill the void. :D

Todd Henry

Second Unit
My understanding is that the LCS and World Series will be in HD, but the first round will not.

Adrian D

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
While it may not have been in HD, it looked and sounded tons better than my regular cable feed.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Yeah, not only was Fox's coverage just enhanced widescreen, ESPN HDs were just 4:3 for the LA/St Louis and Anaheim/Boston games yesterday. Does anyone else get annoyed at an ESPN "HD" channel that has about 10% HD actually on it. Grumble,grumble.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks