What's new

Did anyone see Katie Holmes on Letterman last night? (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Can they actually arrest 3 people because a forth person threw water? I mean they are a group yes, but even if you want to go extreme, you would arrest the guy who threw the water but the other 3? WTF?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
They were accomplices in a premeditated act. This happened in London, so I don't know how much different the law is compared to the U.S.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I applaud's Cruise' reaction - I would have decked the moron.

That's the part that I find disturbing, let's imagine that some random stranger sprayed me with a water gun on the street and a cop was witness, do you really think they would go through the trouble of arresting him?

I would hope the most any cop would do is to slap them with a small fine on the order of what you would get for playing loud music, drinking in the streets, or not picking up after your dog.

Perhaps there is nothing in the books to deal in a benign way with stuff done directly to another individual?

The arrest, let alone possible assault charges are a bit ridiculous.

--
H

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm as annoyed with Cruise as the next guy, but that doesn't mean he deserves public humiliation (some would argue he's doing that fine on his own). Arresting the culprits with assault charges? That's probably pushing it.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I can guarantee this is drastically going to change press credentials on a red carpet. While it's a funny little gag, it could very well have NOT been water. I'd hate to be a red carpet journalist, because things are about to become more painful.

Like it or not, these people are rich, and have a reasonable expectation of being protected when they shill by the studios.

Sharon Osbourne is one thing. Tom Cruise is another.

Things'll change.

I also applaud his reaction. Pretty calm, considering.

Take care,
Chuck

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
My, my, look at all the sympathy this incident has generated for Tom. Some are making the argument that this was staged in an effort to swing the meter back his way in the court of public opinion. 'Oh look, Tom isn't nuts, look how composed he is.' Look how quickly he is handed a towel. Who walks the red carpet with a towel? Inquiring minds want to know.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
You should know Travis, you are in the basement of the FBI building. Don't they store the conspiracy theories down there. ;)

I'm just saying that with these 'celebrities' nothing you see is what you get. You don't know what to believe. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Even though we never really went to the moon and at Roswell the government know what they have there and aren't telling.

Totally in jest

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I bet it was a magic Thetan fighting towel. They could have been Thetans that were trying to re-inhabit Tom by spraying him with Thetan infected liquid. It's this battle that has been going on for centuries that us commoners who aren't a Thetan or Scientologist will never know the true depth.

PS, did anyone see Battlefield Earth with Travolta? I thought it was supposed to be a scientology project. I'm going to have to take a look at that.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Well, if you watch the whole video, there is a moment about 30 seconds before the spraying, when he looks down at the mic almost expecting something. Then later when he is actually sprayed, he laughs at first and then composes himself for his scolding.

Coincidence? :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks