1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Dharman Clone from Acoustic-Visions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martice, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

I just thought that this might interest some of you who like the Dharman but would like to have an alternative look to it.
    Enjoy.
    [​IMG]

2. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

wow, very very nice, and good alternative to the 80s oak and brass look of the origional Dharman

3. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Hey Martice, you stole our thunder [​IMG]
    The grill was finished this weekend and it will ship to the customer today. It is stained to match the Axiom Audio Boston Cherry.

4. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

Do you know how much it would cost to have Kyle assemble or is this strictly DIY?

5. Kyle Richardson

That paticular sub was about $100 more than a Dharman, but would be a bit less than that if you didnt want the feet or a grill.

6. Rob Lloyd

Rob Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

Now I wish I didn't take that picture w/ the crappy painted plywood underneath! [​IMG]
    In case anyone is wondering that's cherry veneer stained to match the customer's Axiom. Then finished w/ shellac. The shellac brings out the grain and figure of the wood better than poly does. It's not quite as protective as poly but you shouldn't be putting drinks on your speakers anyway.
    Kyle will have updated pictures w/ the grill posted today.
    Rob Lloyd

7. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

I think it looks wonderful. Then again, I don't know how much stock you'd take from a guy who has a hairy sub named "Buck" with violent tendencies of it's own. [​IMG]

8. Kyle Richardson

Personally, I think the crappy painted plywood under it brings out the woodgrain in the cherry [​IMG]