What's new

Details of new Panasonic DVD models??? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gale

Auditioning
I have just been told that my Australian Panasonic RV41 DVD (on back order) has been replaced by a new model, but I cannot get any info on it. Does anyone know the specs or features of the new DVD-X10A.

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
Do you mean the RV31?

The replacement of the RV31 (X10A) will probably be the same as the new US model (RV32).

Which is probably just a cheaper, less frills version of the 31.

I cant be bothered waiting and will get a 31.

I just did a side by side comparison with the RV31 and the SONY NS300. The Panasonic had identical color accuracy but had a more defined and sharper picture.

I tested with a no Region zero NTSC version of The Terminator.

I've yet to compare the Panasonic to the Pioneer entry model (344?).

Have you checked out any other players?

Jeff Gale

Auditioning
Andrew,

The RV41 is the 31 with built in DD and DTS decoder. If the x10A is a no frills version of same, I'll be looking again. I have looked at Pioneer, Toshi, and Sony, and the Pana 41 just came up at a good price. Most of them seem much of a muchness to me, .. but then again Its my first one, and Im a self confessed novice. I went the the b-in decoder to give my old amp a little more life before replacing it too. Its just an old AKAI surround amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks