What's new

Designing Women (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I thought TVShowsonDVD said 'early 2006' (maybe David or Gord will stumble through and enlighten us), but I, too, am psyched for this release... ever since the Best of release. It's my favorite 80's sitcom (at least through the Delta years, my interest wanes after that).

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I don't think a date was ever confirmed. Perhaps the longer it takes the more likely there will be some decent extras. At the very least I'd like to hear commentaries from creator Linda Bloodworth Thomason. However, don't expect to see the reunion special as that was produced for Lifetime.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Just wondering if anyone out there has an updated release schedule for Designing Women. I last heard September was the lucky month, but almost all the announcements for September's schedule are out and no announcement. Anyone?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
You know, if it weren't for the Mickey Mouse Copyright Act of 1998, "Georgia On My Mind", the show's theme (written in 1930) would be public domain.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

I too have wondered what happened with this. I even recently went to one of the Designing Women websites to see if they had any updates, and there was nothing. It appears to have just fallen off the radar screen.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Hey, what's going on with this show? Are they going to EVER release it or are they just tormenting fans like some crazed and wild hunter ...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Sony still includes clips from this show in its DVD ads, along with Maude, One Day at a Time, and Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This is the one show still unreleased on my 'must have' list. I wish SPHE would get off their duff and get the show out. Hopefully the ratings have been good now that Designing Women has moved to Nick at Nite.

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
i would also like to see the 1st season of designing women come out on dvd

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'm guessing the delay is music rights. The show used music very effectively in a lot of eps. Although I don't recall that many songs being featured in the first season. Charlene sings "When I Dream" in one episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks