Denon's future product line...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bret K, May 29, 2002.

1. Bret K

Bret K Auditioning

First off, this is my first post and I want to thank all of you home theater gurus out there. I have been inflicted with the HT madness here for a couple of months and have gained a wealth of information from you all. I'm putting together my first HT setup and bought the JBL NSP-1 package for cheap online. I am looking to add a receiver for around $600, I'm on a tight college budget, and like the denon 2802. I read here that denon's new line comes out in August. Should I wait and what news has anybody heard about these products? Also is the best option for a 6th speaker to go with another JBL or can I get away with some cheapo speaker? Thanks.

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

The rumor is that the receiver line will be bumped up to the '03' designation. However, not too much is going to change on the models. What's left to change at the moment? I'd look for some bargains on used gear when people are selling off their '02' series gear.

3. Norman L

Norman L Second Unit

Wayne,
    Do you think the 1802 will a 6.1 unit?

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Bret,

Welcome to the Forum. The only new receiver that Denon has released this year is the AVR-5803, which replaced the '5800 (there was no '5801 or '5802).

Wayne,

I suppose Denon could always upgrade DACs or something like that. The manufacturers always find something to change. Now that my Sony STR-V444ES receiver is showing the dreaded protector mode (see another thread on this board), I have briefly considered receivers from other manufacturers. I would like to see Denon release an AVR-3803 that has two sets of multi-channel inputs for DVD-Audio and SACD. Sony has done it with some of its receivers, and other manufacturers should follow suit.

5. Bill Cheng

Bill Cheng Auditioning

KeithH,
    How can I post my HT pictures on the forum?

Bill

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Bill, I have pictures of my systems posted on my own web site and then have links to the site in my signature. You can post pictures within your posts, assuming they are relevant to the subject at hand. To learn how to include images in your posts, go to the following link:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...bbcode#buttons

7. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

8. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

Any place with written info on the new lines coming out in August? Something that I could take into a B&M to use as a bargaining tool?

9. Han

Han Second Unit

I'm hoping for at least one pre/pro (no real need for receiver updates this year), and a replacement for the 4800 DVD-changer.

10. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

11. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

12. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Denon needs to put more digital coax inputs in their receivers. They have to work on their crossover frequency selections too. Then, from all the good things I hear about Denon's, I wouldn't have a reason not to get one.

13. Norman L

Norman L Second Unit

I just returned from the Home Entertainment Show in NYC.

A Denon person advised me, after I questioned him about the new line, that the 1803 coming out in August will be like the 2802 but with more.
    1803 will have 90 watts, 6.1, 2 center surround speakers, preouts for another room and I do not remember what else.

The 2803 and 3803 will not be out for 5 or 6 months.

14. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

What else did you learn/see? How about a whole thread on that topic?? [​IMG]

15. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Leo said:

16. Norman L

Norman L Second Unit

Keith, Camp

Not really, they were showing off their $35,000 speakers with the 5803.
    My interests were in the new 1803 for my bedroom.
    I was convinced to wait until August and not buy the Pioneer 811s. Sounds good to me to get a inproved 2802 in a 1803 for the same price of the 1802.

17. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Norman said:

18. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Brian's 3803 link:

19. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Actually Denon does make a speaker set that is $35,000.00 a pair.

20. ReggieW

ReggieW Screenwriter

I agree with Keith. It is imperative that Denon include two pairs of multi-channel inputs for DVD-A/SACD, since many people will probably have both formats at the price-point of the 3803. It should also be THX certified, especially since Onkyo, Marantz, and even Kenwood all have THX certified receivers which can be had for well under 1,500.00. I have a Denon 1802 and will be upgrading to a 3803 or 4803 as soon as they are available. The 1803 sounds interesting, but I really would like for my next receiver to be THX certified. I will be moving to a one bedroom guest home (FREEDOM!) in November, so I could sale my 1802 in August, and get the 1803 for little cost (especially if it will retain the 499.00 msrp of the 1802). When the 1st of the year rolls around, the 1803 can go in the bedroom, and I can then buy a 4803 (considering its available) for the living room. The only problem I have with this scenario, is that I would probably not want Denon's for both rooms. I love Denon, but I also like HK and Marantz a great deal, and would especially be interested in the Marantz for all the raves it receives for 2 channel music.

Reg