What's new

Denon's future product line... (1 Viewer)

Bret K

Auditioning
First off, this is my first post and I want to thank all of you home theater gurus out there. I have been inflicted with the HT madness here for a couple of months and have gained a wealth of information from you all. I'm putting together my first HT setup and bought the JBL NSP-1 package for cheap online. I am looking to add a receiver for around $600, I'm on a tight college budget, and like the denon 2802. I read here that denon's new line comes out in August. Should I wait and what news has anybody heard about these products? Also is the best option for a 6th speaker to go with another JBL or can I get away with some cheapo speaker? Thanks.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The rumor is that the receiver line will be bumped up to the '03' designation. However, not too much is going to change on the models. What's left to change at the moment? I'd look for some bargains on used gear when people are selling off their '02' series gear.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bret,

Welcome to the Forum. The only new receiver that Denon has released this year is the AVR-5803, which replaced the '5800 (there was no '5801 or '5802).

Wayne,

I suppose Denon could always upgrade DACs or something like that. The manufacturers always find something to change. Now that my Sony STR-V444ES receiver is showing the dreaded protector mode (see another thread on this board), I have briefly considered receivers from other manufacturers. I would like to see Denon release an AVR-3803 that has two sets of multi-channel inputs for DVD-Audio and SACD. Sony has done it with some of its receivers, and other manufacturers should follow suit.

DarrinH

Second Unit
Any place with written info on the new lines coming out in August? Something that I could take into a B&M to use as a bargaining tool?

Han

Second Unit
I'm hoping for at least one pre/pro (no real need for receiver updates this year), and a replacement for the 4800 DVD-changer.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I read here that denon's new line comes out in August. Should I wait and what news has anybody heard about these products?
This is the first I heard about that. There have been some previous threads is this area about a new Denon line and the general consensus is that nothing needs to be added. Any changes would be either cosmetic or amp/power upgrades. The only real reason for change would be Firewire/IEEE/1394 capabilities.

Leo_P

Second Unit
Denon needs to put more digital coax inputs in their receivers. They have to work on their crossover frequency selections too. Then, from all the good things I hear about Denon's, I wouldn't have a reason not to get one.

Norman L

Second Unit
I just returned from the Home Entertainment Show in NYC.

A Denon person advised me, after I questioned him about the new line, that the 1803 coming out in August will be like the 2802 but with more.
1803 will have 90 watts, 6.1, 2 center surround speakers, preouts for another room and I do not remember what else.

The 2803 and 3803 will not be out for 5 or 6 months.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Leo said:

Denon needs to put more digital coax inputs in their receivers. They have to work on their crossover frequency selections too.
I agree. Also, Denon needs to include two sets of multi-channel inputs to accommodate DVD-Audio and SACD.

Norman,

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. Any more specifics from Denon?

Norman L

Second Unit
Keith, Camp

Not really, they were showing off their $35,000 speakers with the 5803.
My interests were in the new 1803 for my bedroom.
I was convinced to wait until August and not buy the Pioneer 811s. Sounds good to me to get a inproved 2802 in a 1803 for the same price of the 1802.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Norman said:

Not really, they were showing off their $35,000 speakers with the 5803.
Whose $35,000 speakers? Denon's? That doesn't sound right. Anyway, thanks for the info.

If you can wait, you will probably be rewarded. I would bet that a Denon '1803 will outperform the Pioneer '811S. Just a hunch. If you can wait, you will be able to test them out and see for yourself.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I agree with Keith. It is imperative that Denon include two pairs of multi-channel inputs for DVD-A/SACD, since many people will probably have both formats at the price-point of the 3803. It should also be THX certified, especially since Onkyo, Marantz, and even Kenwood all have THX certified receivers which can be had for well under 1,500.00. I have a Denon 1802 and will be upgrading to a 3803 or 4803 as soon as they are available. The 1803 sounds interesting, but I really would like for my next receiver to be THX certified. I will be moving to a one bedroom guest home (FREEDOM!) in November, so I could sale my 1802 in August, and get the 1803 for little cost (especially if it will retain the 499.00 msrp of the 1802). When the 1st of the year rolls around, the 1803 can go in the bedroom, and I can then buy a 4803 (considering its available) for the living room. The only problem I have with this scenario, is that I would probably not want Denon's for both rooms. I love Denon, but I also like HK and Marantz a great deal, and would especially be interested in the Marantz for all the raves it receives for 2 channel music.

Reg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks