What's new

Denon AVR-1713, no video (1 Viewer)

Norgazil

Auditioning
Real Name
Muster Hans
Hi all, any idea what i could try out? I have a brand new Denon AVR-1713; my PS3 and my TV-Settop Box are connected with HDMI to the receiver and the receiver is conneted to a Sanyo-PLV-Z3 Beamer via HDMI as well. The avr does not show the installation setup on the beamer nor does it pass through any video from the ps3 or tv. But when i use the USB-Port to play some mp3 it shows the avr player and plays the songs just fine. Any idea why the rest is not working rigth? Is the HDMI-Repeater broken? It actually shows a black screen rather than "no signal". Thanks for any help

Norgazil

Auditioning
Real Name
Muster Hans
"set-up" did not show up on the beamer when i first connected it. Using USB mode i could manually configure HDMI and all the rest. But did not change anything regarding the videosignal. I do get sound for the first 5 seconds then it drops. It replaces an old Pioneer VSX-517 (not sure, exact number) AV-Receiver, it had no HDMI-Ports. ;) I will try try the hdmi handshake later again... but did not work yesterday. Edit: I already did some "Microproccessor" resets and checked the newest FW as Network is running fine. Edit2: The Beamer is running 720p / 1080i resolution and i can't define that in the AVR HDMI-Output so i guess it should auto match the resolution right?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I can't find info on whether or not the projector you have can accept 1080P...so yeah, make sure your stuff is set 720P/1080I. By "re-setting handshake"...turn everything off and unplug it from the wall...give it 15-30 minutes... Connect all your HDMI first... Plug the AVR into the wall first, then the projector...then your sources. Turn on the AVR first, your sources 2nd...projector last. That should establish handshake.

Norgazil

Auditioning
Real Name
Muster Hans
thanks... tried handshake to no avail. so i started to switch out HDMI cables. This way i managed to get audio + video from the ps3 and swichted the same cable to tv and there it worked as well. which means i need a new HDMI-Cable... so what do i need to look at, so that it actually works? 1. Is not labled but working 2. Labled as High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet the one thats not working has gold contacts and is labled High-Speed HDMI Cable

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just buy another High Speed. Won't make any difference if it is "ethernet" or not. More than likely one of the pins in the connector just got FUBAR. It happens. HDMI "connectors" suck. If this is a HDMI you are going to plug and unplug a bunch...just make sure you buy extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.