Denon 910 freeze problem

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Hal M, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Hal M

Hal M Agent

Anyone else having problems with the Denon 910 freezing? It seems every 2-3 dvd's I play seem to freeze somewhere in the movie and then the unit won't forward or reverse and when I try to get the dvd out, the tray won't open. First the screen says "open", then it automatically reads "closed", then "open", then "closed"... Half the time I have to unplug the unit. This is happening way too often for a unit I've owned under 2 months. Is it a bad unit or is the 910 just a super sensitive model? My Panny RP-91 never freezes, but it won't play CDs anymore (?). When I finally do get the dvd out of the Denon and put it back in, it doesn't freeze at the same point. I don't think it's the dvds. Seems to be a player issue. Anyone else?

2. Dave^T

Dave^T Auditioning

Hal..
    I have a 910, and mine does not freeze. In fact, I barely notice any layer changes. I'd take it back for service or exchange.

3. glenn.arsenault

glenn.arsenault Stunt Coordinator

I have a dvd-900 that does the same thing. Hnags up often on layer changes or when it appears to warm up.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The 910 I got had video problems right out of the box, so I returned it the next day for a 2200. The 910 seemed to have pretty poor build quality for a player of it's MSRP. The 2200 is also could be a bit more substantial for it's price tag, but I am very happy with it.