What's new

Denon 910 freeze problem (1 Viewer)

Hal M

Agent
Anyone else having problems with the Denon 910 freezing? It seems every 2-3 dvd's I play seem to freeze somewhere in the movie and then the unit won't forward or reverse and when I try to get the dvd out, the tray won't open. First the screen says "open", then it automatically reads "closed", then "open", then "closed"... Half the time I have to unplug the unit. This is happening way too often for a unit I've owned under 2 months. Is it a bad unit or is the 910 just a super sensitive model? My Panny RP-91 never freezes, but it won't play CDs anymore (?). When I finally do get the dvd out of the Denon and put it back in, it doesn't freeze at the same point. I don't think it's the dvds. Seems to be a player issue. Anyone else?

Dave^T

Auditioning
Hal..
I have a 910, and mine does not freeze. In fact, I barely notice any layer changes. I'd take it back for service or exchange.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The 910 I got had video problems right out of the box, so I returned it the next day for a 2200. The 910 seemed to have pretty poor build quality for a player of it's MSRP. The 2200 is also could be a bit more substantial for it's price tag, but I am very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.