What's new

Denon 4802 and Mits SR-HD5 / no audio (1 Viewer)

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
I have a AVR-4802. Also have a SR-HD5,I'm running an optical cable from the audio out to the Denon on Opt2, for the DBS input. I am not getting any audio from this connection. I have also tried setting the TV in to opt2 with the same results...no sound. I also have run the two pair(white & red) directly to the back of TV and am getting sound from that. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Dave

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
Just a thought but did you make sure you have the digital output turned on in the A/V setup of the HD5? I'm almost positive theres a setting for this.. That's the only thing I can think of..

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
I have gone into setup on the HD5 and it is set to dolby 5.1 . thats the only setup for audio that I can find.

Bob McKenny

Agent
I had a similar experience with my 4802. The default setting for audio in for some of the inputs is analog not digital. In order to enable the digital input you need to press the INPUT MODE button on the remote after selecting the appropriate device (DBS, DVD, VCR1, VCR2 etc). This will take it out of analog mode and put it in auto mode where it will look for the digital input signal first and then the analog second. This only needs to be set once and it will be in auto mode from then on.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks