What's new

Denon 3802 Pro-logic II lack of bass? (1 Viewer)

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
I watched Star Wars on Laser last night with my new 3802 using PL II.Overall it sounded great,but I noticed what seemed to be a lack of bass compared to my old Denon 2700 receiver using regular PL.My Def-techs are set to small and I get great bass while in DTS,DD & music.Can anyone help me with this?Thanks for any help.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
No,I didn't try that.I've only had the receiver set up for a hour or so.I tried scrolling thru the surround features and only PL II came up.So your saying I can run regular PL as well as PL II? Thanks for your help.

Tom_Mack

Stunt Coordinator
Did you re-adjust you sub output with the new receiver or did you leave it at the same level as the old receiver? The new receiver may be outputting less to the sub and you may need to turn it up to get to your old listening level. I have had 4 different receivers in my setup in the last few months and I had to readjust the volume level on the sub for each one.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,I did re-adjusted all my settings.The bass output from DTS & DD is great but in PL II it drops off.I'm at work now,so I'm going to fiddle with the settings tonight and see if I can find the problem.Any other input is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks