What's new

Denon 3200 and Mits 400 problem (1 Viewer)

Arlene Golant

Auditioning
I've just upgraded my Directv to HiDef. An installer put up the dish and antenna. The HD is incredible on my Mitsubishi 55807, the problem is that the sound drops out under certain circumstances.
When switching to or from one channel to the HBO hi def channel the sound drops out and I have to re-select TV/DBS on the Denon to get it to kick back in.
Just watching the local station digital channel starts out fine, then the sound drops out every 5 minutes or so.
I don't get the overload light on the Denon, but I do notice the red "Digital" indicator goes out, then comes back on, with the sound, when I re-select TV/DBS.
Does anyone know if this is the Denon or the Antenna? or Mitsubishi receiver??? I love the HD. Love the sound when I can hear it, and love the TV. I need to solve this sound thing though, it's not tolerable.
I appreciate any help.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

kevin_blakk

Auditioning
I have the same receiver and a Sony A50 DD satellite that does the same thing. It is the Satellite in most cases that drops the signal. My friend has the same setup and works at an electronics store and after looking into the problem he has been told that the satellite is causing the sound to dropout.

Ned Vogler

Stunt Coordinator
Another thing you might try is to go into your installation/setup screen for your STB (I don't have a Sony, but my Hughes does the same thing) and watch your signal strength on the OTA feed (antenna). See if it bounces at all or stays steady. If it is bouncing at all due to intereference or whatever, you can lose your digital audio, have picture pixelization/breakup, etc. I also will echo the other comments RE: DirecTV digital audio. Even on the Dolby Digital channels on DirecTV with high 90's signal strength, you will occasionally get audio dropouts. 22,600 miles is a long way to travel.
biggrin.gif

Arlene Golant

Auditioning
Thank you. Though that doesn't solve anything, I guess I'm not alone.
What's confusing is that the sound might be fine on a channel, then kicks out only when I switch to another channel.
So there are two problems, the sound drop out on local, digital channels and the lack of sound completely when switching from channel to channel.
Do I just have to live with this?

kevin_blakk

Auditioning
Unforunately you will have to live with it. My Sony does that and half of the time I switch to a channel that broadcast in DD the sound is either real squeky or there is no sound. I sent it in for repairs 3 times and it still does it. Part of your problem probably is from the signal dropping every once in a while too. From experience all DD satellites have sound issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks