What's new

denon 2900 @ecost (1 Viewer)

Eric Tobias

Agent
Well I took the plunge and bought a refurb denon 2900 at Ecost for 507. I hope I did not make a mistake. I have never bought a refurb before. The price savings made me take the chance. Ecost also is an authorized Denon reseller. To be safe I got an extended warranty.

A Denon 3803 yesterday, I hope I am done for awhile.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I bought the Denon900 from Ecost and it functions perfectly. The Chroma bug is pretty severe in this unit, but I knew that going in. Looks and operates perfectly.

Mark All

Second Unit
As long as you've bought from a reseller authorized by Denon I think you're on very solid ground. Denon is very choosy about who they authorize to sell their products.

And Eric, you sound like an A/V addict in the making--welcome to the club! Now go buy some expensive interconnect cables and speaker wire. :)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
The thing that has made me wait and wait and wait is the fact that Denon will not honour the warranty north of the border. Apparently, Denon Canada doesn't even distribute refurbished products here. If I was to take the plunge for a 2900 or 2200 or even a 1600 to get me by, I'd be doing it without a warranty. Good idea or bad ?

JackS

Supporting Actor
Drew- If you bought a Denon product from the U.S., Whats to keep you from sending it to the U.S for repair if needed? E-Cost evidently does a lot of business with Canadians because they have the exchange rate calculator at their web site. I'd e-mail them with this question.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Eric, I spent a couple of hours yesterday web searching this very topic, and ecost had the very lowest price on the 2900. So low, in fact, that I thought it was a typo. When I called them, they were out. :frowning:

Please let us know how you like this player when you get it, as I am still in the market for one.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
The Chroma bug is pretty severe in this unit,
The 2900 doesn't have the CUE,it has the "alternating progressive flag" problem[this is disc induced mostly from Disney],and the "interlaced chroma problem".This has nothing to do with CUE per se,the Silicon engine being used here is simply lacks the "chroma filter" to eliminate this problem,so it's not a bug.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I notice eBay has a ton of Denon 2900 re-furb's for sale.

btw...I bought a Toshiba portable dvd player from eCost.com as a refurb and it works great. Saved big $$$ on a 7" screen.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
I think the Denon warranty for ecost is only 90 days....thats pretty low...if it was longer, i would have bought it...

Rich

Eric Tobias

Agent
the denon refurb warranty is 90 days. Ecost extended warranty was 59 for 1 year after the 90 days and 79 for 2 years.

Eric Tobias

Agent
I called ecost today for staus of my order. they cancelled it without telling me. Is this normal for them. I cant speak to the sales rep until Mon. I am bummed.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
The 2900 has been removed from ecost website for quite a few days. Also, the number of available units on ebay has gone down and the price has gone up. My order for one from DAKMART was put on hold pending shipment of more units from Denon, supposedly sometime after December 1.

All in all, I'd say we have a serious shortage of 2900s.

I may cancel my DAKMART order and rethink this whole $700 DVD player scenario.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
I may just buy one at the Good Guys with an extended warranty, the odds are it will break within 5 years if you use it heavy.
Its a $1000 investment today to be insured that you have a $1000 range DVD player for the next 5 years.
I am sure they will negotiate a little bit on the price but I am not sure how much. Has anyone bought a 2900 from the Good Guys or any other local retailer?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks