What's new

Denon 2803 vs. 2805 (1 Viewer)

Josh Wears

Auditioning
I am in the market for a new receiver and I have always liked Yamaha's but a guy at Ultimate Electronics reccomended Denon over Yamaha. I have done a lot of research about the 2803 and I know that it is a very capable model, however I want very good sound for the money so and I just found out about the new 2805 and I cannot find any information about it. So if anyone could help me that would be great. I think the 2805 runs somewhere around 700 to 750, and the 2803 i have found for as low as 550. But, being a Yamaha kind of guy, I would also like to know if there is a Yamaha receiver that would be better for me, such as the 1400 or the 5790, something along those lines.

JimMIT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
To find out about the new Denon AVR-2805, go to Denon's website at usa.denon.com and navigate to their home audio products page. Then click on Dolby Digital, DTS & THX A/V Receivers. There you will find links for each listed receiver which will take you to product information sheets, photos and specification comparison sheets. According to the site, the MSRP for the AVR-2805 is $899.00. It has many improvements over the AVR-2803 but only you can decide whether or not the improvements are worth the price difference. As the AVR-2805 is a new model, I doubt you will find many authorized Denon dealers willing to discount it. Decisions, decisions!

Whether or not there is a Yamaha which would be better for you, I plead ignorance. My sense of things is that they too make fine audio gear, but I'm not too familiar with the models you mentioned.

Whichever you end up going with, I recommend you purchase from an authorized dealer. Others may disagree.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks