What's new
World Wide Stereo

Demo of the Sharp XV-Z90U (1 Viewer)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Here is a link to this FP: http://www.sharp-usa.com/products/Mo...8,1004,00.html

I was able to Demo the Sharp DLP FP in my basement last night.
This is the same as the DT-200 except that it has a longer throw distance. Also note that both are 4:3 native.
I had the picture thrown on the opposite wall due to my Entertainment Center being in the way on my main wall. The FP was about 13-14' ft away.
I tested a couple movies out. First was Toy Story 2. I wanted to see how colors were. Put the movie in widescreen and it looked awesome just on the white wall. The only thing being you see light colored bars top/bottom due to the FP being 4:3 native. Then we put the movie in 4:3 mode and it still looked good but I prefered the 16:9 aspect. I did notice the screen door effect if I got too close to the picture (< 7/8ft). The image measured 106" diagonally in 16:9.
The next move we tested was LOTR which also looked good. I could notice the screen door effect on lighter scenes even from 10 ft away. Again for just shooting it on the wall the colors were good...the blacks were black.
The last movie we tested was Gone in 60 Seconds. We wanted to test the fast motion scenes(helicoptermustang chase scene)to see if there was any faults. I am no expert but I couldn't notice any faults of any kind with fast motion. I did notice with this movie colors would need to be tweaked a little to get better quality...well I guess for all movies things would need to be tweaked.
That is my little review of the Sharp FP...I would like to purchase a 16:9 Native FP soon....
:D

728x90

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have never seen the X90 personally. No rainbows?

I second the native 16x9 pj.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I couldn't notice any. Remember it does have a 5x color wheel. Very nice machine too bad it isn't 16:9 Native. Now I have to decide between the Panny/Sanyo LCD FP's.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Can your budget afford the Sanyp PLV70? Are you going to wait until the next batch of product announcements in Sep?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Actually no I was looking at the Panny 200/300 or the Sanyo PLV-Z1. My budget is roughly what a 57" Toshiba would cost so like $2,000...but if I spend less then I can easily get a new DVD player and whatever else I need for the Projector.
I would probably use the wall for now and then build a screen. I should be able to use a 52 x 92 in. (106 in. diag.) screen in my room with no problems.

That is one thing I wasn't able to test is the FP with a Progressive Scan DVD player. Well I think it looks good even with my old Pioneer player....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks