What's new

Dell keeps sending me monitors? (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I think we all know what needs to be done: Someone's gonna have to hunt down the OP, find out the answer and report back. :D

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I think Allen fled the country to Australia. He made a deal with Dell and was returning to American on Oceanic flight 815. :D

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I heard Dell found out what was happening. The next box from Dell the OP opened was full of Silica. He instantly evaporated.

Dell is holding him at their headquarters in a ziplock bag.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I bought a Dell computer for my sis and bro in law for Christmas and they only sent me one! :angry:

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
This thread needs to die. I cant unsubscribe due to morbid curiousity but I'm disappointed with every reply notification :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, Tony....

In this entry from October 24 (about a week-and-a-half after starting this thread) I found this reference:

I never understand why people do blogs. Who do they think cares?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam: That's not fair! Not fair, I tell ya! :D

Tony was the one who sent me there...and I figured I'd check out and see if the story posted here in this thread had any legs.

But I am really amazed by the inanity of blogs. As I read through a few pages of Allen's blog, I was amazed that anyone would care about the minutiae of anyone else's life. Yet I'm told they are actually quite popular.

Even if I was friends with someone who did a blog, I think I'd figure that if I didn't know about certain aspects of his/her life from actual discussions/correspondence with that person, I just don't care. If you think about it, blogs are kinda like the dreaded Christmas form letter.

I guess my question is: are they popular in that there are a large number of them written? Or, are they really popular that people desire to read them?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
unless they are about a topic of interest, i find blogs tedious. even worse is the geico radio commercial that tries to piggyback on the 'hipness' of blogs. blogging is a buzzword that needs to go away.

on a slightly related note, i bought one of the 24" widescreen monitors allen kept receiving, and i only received one, so the problem must be fixed :) i was using it as a tv for a few days, and dvds looked absolutely horrible, stretched from 720x480 to 1920x1200. but as a computer panel, it's gorgeous.

CJ

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Here here! I realized what blogs were until they started becoming REALLY popular, so I looked into them again in case there was something I was missing....

Nope! Just a bunch of crap that no one cares about, clogging up the internet. :rolleyes

The thing that REALLY kills me is, I know people who write blogs as if the entire world was reading (and was interested) in them. They're fine if you want a personal online journal or if you have a bunch of 'fans' that want to hear your opinions, but that's only a tiny percentage of the blogging community. It seems like everyone is just writing crap that they did during the day and assuming that the entire world is reading (and cares).

Like Mike, I just keep thinking "Who else (besides the author) is interested in this guys ramblings?"

Colton

Supporting Actor
My daily blog: Well, I woke up this morning and took a big shit. Felt great! That was the highlight of my day. More later!

- Colton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks