What's new

Dell keeps sending me monitors? (1 Viewer)

EugeneR

Second Unit

Setting morals and ethics aside, you're once again incorrect legally. The monitors cannot be "considered" stolen. You can't steal anything unless you actually intend to steal it. A mistake by an employee, or more likely a software glitch, cannot be theft. So, unless Allen and the employee were in cahoots, there's no theft, legally speaking.

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
A couple of years ago, a company I worked for authorized me to get a laptop. I placed my order with PC Mall and got a nice Sony. When it came, it had dead pixels so I called and they sent another. I sent the first one back and just like the original poster, a 3rd laptop showed up. I called them up to report the problem and the person I spoke to said I could just keep it and do whatever I wanted to with it. I waited for about 3 months and was just getting ready to put it on eBay when I got a call asking for it back. I'm glad I still had it as I'm sure they wouldn't have believed that someone told me to keep it. I like to think that I'm honest with my fellow man. My conscience would bother me much to keep the monitors.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Allen has been conspicuously absent in this thread for the past 6 days.

It'd be nice to hear an update. Hopefully he's done the right thing and contacted Dell.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
really tho' all he had to do was call dell and ask what they would have him do.

whats the big deal with that?

oh, no free monitors i guess.

JasonS

Stunt Coordinator
Man, I must be a chump. A couple of years ago I ordered some speaker brackets from Crutchfield (~$30). When I checked my order online, they had my address slightly different, so I canlled to correct it. Anyway, I received 2, one to each address. I called them immediately. They told me to keep the extras, which have been gathering dust in a closet ever since. Yes, I know they won't let this guy keep the extra monitors, but I would at least give them a call.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
So I read this entire thread expecting some resolve adn this is what I get....absent 6 days?!?!? I'm thinking Karma (A.K.A Dell) has beitten good ol Allen in the behind!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I'm not so sure they wouldn't at least let him buy them at a heavily discounted price...

Adil M

Supporting Actor
It would be nice if "Allen's Friend ;)" would come give us an update on this social experiment.
In addition, some of you who have opinions that I agree w/ need to take a class in logic and quit w/ the ASSumptions.
Just state your opinion, but do not belittle our shared opinion w/ the stream-of-stupid-conscious statements.
Thank You.

BTW, how many monitors does he have so far at this rate ;)
20!

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
For what it's worth, I had a similar "problem" last year with Dell sending me an extra Dell DJ. I told them they done so, but they didn't seem to care.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
you seem to be on the side of the OP. I.e. "Wait and see what you can get away with". Should we take that to mean that you feel the pro-do the right thing-ers have been doing the belittling?

Colton

Supporting Actor
Big companies like Dell won't dwell on a few missing monitors. They are constantly looking to the future and probably won't worry about the small stuff. Again, this is a shipping/inventory control problem and they'll have to resolve that eventually.

- Colton

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Bummer! Still no resolve! I've been following this thing on and off for awhile. Always forget to check out this section!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks