What's new

Definitive BPX or BP2X as EX surrounds? (1 Viewer)

Larry Noud

Grip
I have a dilema on this.I just got a pair of BP2X speakers really cheap and will finally take advantage of my Denon's EX capability.My problen is if I put the BPX speakers on the sides,they will hang a bit to low on the left side which is on the wall on the stairway.I can see one of my wife`s daycare kids reaching up and grabbing it.
I am thinking of using the BP2X which will keep it somewhat out of reach.Do you think using the BP2X would be a big step down vs the BPX as the main surround speakers.Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

Keith Carlascio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith
Hi Larry,
I have BPX as my EX channel, also on a Denon. I really like the sound, I think they sounded fuller than the BPX2 for obvious reason, like the extra woofers. While I can't comment of the BPX as sides, I use BP2006TLs as my sides, I don't think you will loose a lot, I would err on the side of safety and make the BPX2 as sides.
Keith
patriot.gif

------------------

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Larry,
Since you already have both sets of speakers, why not try them both in each location and see if it makes a big difference. My bet is that it won't, and that you'll be fine with the BPX in the rear and BP2X on the side, but give it a shot and let us know. For what it's worth, I'm using a pair of BP1s for my rear, BP8B for my sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks