Definitive BPX or BP2X as EX surrounds?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Noud, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Larry Noud

Larry Noud Extra

I have a dilema on this.I just got a pair of BP2X speakers really cheap and will finally take advantage of my Denon's EX capability.My problen is if I put the BPX speakers on the sides,they will hang a bit to low on the left side which is on the wall on the stairway.I can see one of my wife`s daycare kids reaching up and grabbing it.
    I am thinking of using the BP2X which will keep it somewhat out of reach.Do you think using the BP2X would be a big step down vs the BPX as the main surround speakers.Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Keith Carlascio

Keith Carlascio Stunt Coordinator

Hi Larry,
    I have BPX as my EX channel, also on a Denon. I really like the sound, I think they sounded fuller than the BPX2 for obvious reason, like the extra woofers. While I can't comment of the BPX as sides, I use BP2006TLs as my sides, I don't think you will loose a lot, I would err on the side of safety and make the BPX2 as sides.
    Keith [​IMG]
    ------------------

3. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

Larry,
    Since you already have both sets of speakers, why not try them both in each location and see if it makes a big difference. My bet is that it won't, and that you'll be fine with the BPX in the rear and BP2X on the side, but give it a shot and let us know. For what it's worth, I'm using a pair of BP1s for my rear, BP8B for my sides.