Dear Warner Bros - Just because it wasn't brought up in the chat, FORBIDDEN PLANET...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dick, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    ...is right up there on the want lists of many of us. You are probably aware of this if you read our threads, as you say you do, so consider this a friendly tug on your shirt sleeve. An all-new, restored transfer of this gorgeous classic with option for playing back the original directional dialog tracks would be great! Next year marks its 50th anniversary, so I suspect you're aiming for that. But, geese, I'm having a hard time waiting!

2. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    Ditto for me. A restored/remastered FORBIDDEN PLANET: 50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION, with copious extras, is much desired.

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Ditto. This is one of the few films I own on DVD that I vastly prefer on laserdisc. And since my laserdisc player has been sitting in a box since my move last year, I'd really like an improved DVD. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

4. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

er-and while youre up-lets get crackin' on a BLADE RUNNER SE-of *ANY* sort-but preferably the rumoured 4 disc edition

5. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Add another voice wanting a "stuffed" S.E. of "Forbidden Planet". My Criterion LD is getting worn out. [​IMG]

6. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

The current DVD has the most disappointing transfer in my collection: it's not the full 2.55:1 CinemaScope framing (it's around 2.30:1); the film element used has faded colours, is scratchy, overly grainy, etc. And no extras for this LANDMARK classic?! Please.

7. GregK

GregK Screenwriter

The 2.0 audio on the current DVD lacks the directional dialog and sound effects found on the previous MGM and Criterion laserdiscs. WB ..*please* include the original 4.0 discrete audio and not a re-mix!