What's new

Dear Warner Bros - Just because it wasn't brought up in the chat, FORBIDDEN PLANET... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
...is right up there on the want lists of many of us. You are probably aware of this if you read our threads, as you say you do, so consider this a friendly tug on your shirt sleeve. An all-new, restored transfer of this gorgeous classic with option for playing back the original directional dialog tracks would be great! Next year marks its 50th anniversary, so I suspect you're aiming for that. But, geese, I'm having a hard time waiting!

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Ditto for me. A restored/remastered FORBIDDEN PLANET: 50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION, with copious extras, is much desired.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Ditto. This is one of the few films I own on DVD that I vastly prefer on laserdisc. And since my laserdisc player has been sitting in a box since my move last year, I'd really like an improved DVD. :D

Regards,

Joe

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
er-and while youre up-lets get crackin' on a BLADE RUNNER SE-of *ANY* sort-but preferably the rumoured 4 disc edition

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Add another voice wanting a "stuffed" S.E. of "Forbidden Planet". My Criterion LD is getting worn out. :D

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The current DVD has the most disappointing transfer in my collection: it's not the full 2.55:1 CinemaScope framing (it's around 2.30:1); the film element used has faded colours, is scratchy, overly grainy, etc. And no extras for this LANDMARK classic?! Please.

GregK

Screenwriter
The 2.0 audio on the current DVD lacks the directional dialog and sound effects found on the previous MGM and Criterion laserdiscs. WB ..*please* include the original 4.0 discrete audio and not a re-mix!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks