What's new

Dave Matthews-Busted Stuff DVD What did you think? (1 Viewer)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I just bought the Dave Matthews-Busted Stuff CD/DVD. What did you guys think of the DVD quality? I thought it was not that great and I only have a 20" TV so I can imagine what it may have looked like on a bigger screen. The price was awesome though 9.99 :) Can't beat that!! Plus, I didn't buy it for the DVD....just the music.:emoji_thumbsup:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Well, considering it's free and essentially an advertisment for the upcoming "Open Up The Curtains", it's pretty good. I don't have a 5.1 setup, can anyone comment on the quality of the 5.1 "Bartender" mix?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The 5.1 music track didn't blow me away- some people don't like gratuitous use of surrounds in music, but why do a 5.1 mix otherwise? The concert footage used some sort of "filmlook" process, which made it look pretty bad. Still, the DVD got me to buy the CD; I wonder if they'll do this with more albums in the future. (This already seems to be more successful than the failed CD-Video format, which was a disc with 20 minutes of CD audio and 5 minutes of analog laserdisc-quality video.)
BTW has anyone seen the DVD that came with "The Eminem Show"? I couldn't bring myself to buy that, but wonder if it was at all interesting.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"I wonder if they'll do this with more albums in the future."
I really hope so. I mean who really looks at those enhanced cds? I did once but then said "What the heck did they just install on my pc!!!!!" With DVD's all you do is press play. It's a done deal and you don't have to go thru the hassle of installing something or even worse having something installed that you don't want.

"The 5.1 music track didn't blow me away" It did for me but then again that was my first 5.1 music experience besides what's in a movie.

In reference to the video I think Jesse is right. The video was not too hot. Weird.....but for free!!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The DVD picture was really rough. Lots of aliasing. It looked like a VCD at times (RP91 -> ISF'd PT-47 HDTV). But I understand if they had to rush to get it on the discs for release. I sure hope the upcoming DVD of the Folsom concert looks better. I thought the pic quality on Listener Supported was fine, something equal to that (or better) would be acceptable.
The 5.1 Bartender didn't knock my socks off either. I hope whoever did the sound mastering for the James Taylor Live At Beacon Theater works on the Folsom Stadium DVD. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks