What's new

Das Boot Superbit Where? (1 Viewer)

JamesDH

Grip
Anybody else have trouble finding this title yesterday? I went all over town and out of town and had no luck finding it. I went Best Buy, Circuit City, Sam Goody, Suncoast, Fry's, and even Barnes and Noble. I don't think any of the stores even had any delivered to sell. I gave up and ordered off the web. Any thoughts?

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I was going to say... just order it off the web.

My guess is since the SuperBits were re-releases, the employees of the stores didn't really give the movies much attention. They're probably either sitting in the back at the stores or they've probably sold out the 1 or 2 copies they got in. I would know better with films like this, but I no longer work for a store like that. They have a nasty habit of driving off competent, knowledgeable salespeople. :)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I had the same problem. None of the Best Buys in my area had Das Boot Superbit or Day the Earth Stood Still. :thumbsdown:

I thought that these would be somewhat higher profile catalog titles & that they'd carry it. My mistake. In the future I'll be ordering all catalog titles on-line.

It seems lately the only thing you can count on at Best Buy is for them to have the newer Blockbusters.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Same bad luck here in Sterling Va., but I was trying to land Labyrinth SB and or Dark Crystal SB. BB employee looked 'em up and said "nope". Something about "only receiving one per store". ?????

C

JamesDH

Grip
I forgot to mention that I went to borders as well. I had a bad feeling when I didn't see it advertised anywhere in the weekend newspaper. When I was at Best Buy I got one of the workers to look it up at a computer console and he said they only had two on order from the warehouse and should be available on friday. I don't think any store in my area has gotten any in. Bummer I guess I have to wait a while to get from the web...

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I was told by three Best Buy employees yesterday that there is and is not being planned a Superbit version of Labyrinth.... It was very frustrating as I know better. They never admitted they just didn't get it in or didn't order it. They just flat out told me I was wrong. Same with Dark Crystal as well and none of them had even heard of The Day The Earth Stood Still! These employees were in their 30's! ARGHHHH!

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I ordered the Das Boot Superbit on Tuesday and my status says that I won't receive it until March 14th. :frowning:

JamesDH

Grip
I've seen dark crystal superbit at best buy...they are full of it. I hate it when people at stores don't know the answer to someething and they just make up some bull. I would rather them just say they don't know and try their best to find the right answer and if they can't find out I would be satisfied that they at least tried.

On another note I did get my shipment conf. from northamericandvd that my Das Boot Superbit has been shipped.

John_W_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Normally, I don't preorder new releases cause my local BB usually sells them cheaper. This one time though I preordered "Das Boot" from Amazon.com--received it Tuesday! Watched it last night--first time I'd ever seen it...GREAT flick! The sound in German DTS is really good...the depth charges not quite as house rocking as U-571, but the movie's better! :D

PQ was very, very nice!

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
I pre-ordered mine from DVDEmpire. They have a copy on hand for me, but the shipment is being held up because they don't have the Easter Beagle DVD yet. Grrrr. :angry:

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I also oredered Das Boot Superbit from DVD Empire as I could not find it locally. I ordered it yesterday and it shipped yesterday. I have never seen this movie and cannot wait!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Has Wal-Mart gone upscale??? Plenty of copies of DB and all the other Mar. 4 SB's out here...doesn't mean they actually sold any though (except to me!). To be fair, WM here has always had the SB's, usually more than anybody else and for cheaper. The DVD biggies in these parts (Best Buy and their subsidiary Future Shop) had all the SB's. I was surprised. Generally speaking, they were not displayed with the other new releases, but were positioned "normally" on the shelves.

Das Boot is a great movie, it's so tense, I'm not sure it's good to watch before trying to sleep, at least for me. Makes you think, and think about things that happen and are going to happen...unpleasant stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks