What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Das Boot: Original Uncut Version 3(?)-disc set - 6/1! (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
As per DVDFile:

So is it 2 or 3 discs? The price suggests it's 3. Hopefully the original commentary is also being ported over if they're giving us the Director's Cut option (seamless branching I'm guessing).

Boy, June is turning into another May :D

P.S.: More details here ("collectible packaging"), but says it's 2 discs: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=10898 - two menu shots as well...

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
so will this top the Superbit version with dts??? I haven't picked it up yet. Now I need to rethink which to buy.

Kevin_H

Stunt Coordinator
293 mintues equals 4 hours 53 minutes. Split over two discs that equals 2 hours and 26.5 minutes. Its more than possible to fit a 2 and a half hours onto one disc. So if there are no extras I'd say probably its 2 discs, with extras you'd have to pump it to three.

I wonder if there going to present this in its 45 minute episodes, or just put the 4 hours 53 minutes together into one movie.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
I have the Superbit and as much as I'm a huge fan of the film, I can't see double dipping above a Superbit (at least not until HD-DVD hits the streets)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'm buying the 293 minute 3-Disc. :thumbsdown: on the Superbit 110%. Finally I get to buy this in all of it's glory as it was meant to be.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I can't wait for this. I was fortunate to see this once on the BBC. It was shown over five nights. You thought that the movie versions made feel claustraphobic?

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Now this is one I do plan to get. Having gotten the previous flipper disc of the Director's Cut, it's a joy that this new uncut version is finally coming out. :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I have the first version, skipped the Superbit (hoping that this would happen!) and for me it's a no-brainer!

Cees

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I might have to also get the original disc if this doesn't include the Director's Cut and the commentary.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
1.66:1 anamorphic!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I want to see the mini-series. I have seen teh director's cut and liked it. Das Boot is a classic.

Be Seeing you,
David Blackwell

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
so is this new release basically a longer version of the movie that is currently on DVD or is it completely different?

Jeff

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
It's basically a longer version, which was made first. And from that, two shorter versions have been made: the theatrical cut (not available on dvd) and the director's cut.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Will this have the enhanced special effects and similar kick ass remix as the Director's Longer Theatrical Cut now on SuperBit?

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks