What's new

Dark Angel for Region 1 Anytime soon? (1 Viewer)

Curious if anyone knows if Jessica Alba's "Dark Angel" TV series is coming to (region 1) anytime soon. I noticed that Japan has the whole first season on DVD, but of course (region 2) versions.:)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Word onthe street is that DA is going to get Das Boot VERY soon. Notice it's been pre-empted for sweeps, NEVER a good sign. It will at least have to have a run on FX, and I doubt it's high on Fox's list for the US given that it doesn't have a huge fanbase

Your best bet is to get yourself a region free deck and buy the Japanese discs.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
An 11 month bump. :) Didn't "Dark Angel" air 16x9 "EDTV" (or whatever Fox calls their 480p programming)? Odd that they're releasing it full-frame since "Buffy", "Angel", and "The X-Files" have all gotten the 16x9 treatment for certain seasons.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I wonder if there will be a "Behind the Scenes Bump n' Grind" featurette. Has anyone heard all the crap that Alba pulled on-set (and off, with her co-star, now fiancee)?

I can't remember all the details, but sex between set-ups was a regular thing, and she'd come out with her make-up all ruined and JBF hair.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
According to IMDB the Japanese release was in pan and scan, but I agree with Adam in that I was certain this was going to be 16x9.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
A trend I've noticed is that a LOT of first seasons are being released 1.33:1, even though they were shot for wide

I get the feeling that getting a series going one of the last things they're doing is making sure the 16:9 area is clear

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
The UK set is coming out in February and it is going to be 16:9 WS! Extras-wise it only has a few short interview clips, no commentaries like the R1.

Chris

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Dark Angel: The Complete First Season is due May 20th.
The 6-disc set will feature fullscreen transfers (ugh) and Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Supplements include audio commentaries (Charles Eglee and David Nutter on "Pilot"; Charles Eglee and Renee Echevarria on "Rising"; Charles Eglee, Renee Echevarria and Charles Woolnaugh on "And I Am A Camera"; Michael Weatherly and Jessica Alba on "...And Jesus Bought A Casserole"), featurettes ("Genesis", "Seattle Ain't What It Used To Be" and "Creating An X-5"), auditions, blooper gag reel, and a trailer for "James Cameron's Dark Angel" video game. trailer.
Retail is $59.98.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
well my pre order for R2 has just been cancelled in light of David Lambert's tvshowsondvd news
Fantastic
:emoji_thumbsup:

WOW!.......it has been almost a year later since I posted this question.......Great to hear it gonna see a release date...too bad about the framing of it though...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ya know fellas, while I do think it's a good show, and that Jessica Alba is, well
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
, I just can't bring myself to purchase a series that has no conclusion to it, I mean it was cancelled.
Or did they whip up a quick finish to the show?

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Season 2 ended with some closure, but without actually wrapping everything up. It was a good stopping point for the season but still left plenty to do in season 3. It doesn't really matter though, because Season 2 was just horrible, the way so much of the story centered on Dog-Boy and his mutant friends.

It's a shame the R1 DVD's are going to be 4:3, when we know widescreen transfers exists.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Peter Staddon at Fox Home Video has stated numerous times for their numerous TV box sets that if the episodes were made for widescreen viewing, the DVDs would be in that aspect ratio. I have to believe that either this press release has a misprint or that the widescreen disks in other regions will be cropped. Hopefully he will glance at the board soon, read this thread and clear up the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks