What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Dancing with the Stars Season 6 thread (1 Viewer)

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Gutt - He was better this week but 21 is not gonna cut it with the competition he's facing. He may go.

Mario - I thought he was better than the score he earned but I guess they have high expectations for him. I also think his schedule played a big part in his less than stellar performance.

Adam - He's entertaining but he needs to watch his mouth. I felt the audience draw back when he mentioned the "two gays in the dressing room" and when he made fun of Mormons. That kind of talk is going to get him exited faster than his dancing.

Marlee - Danced very well this week although she needs more precision and a little more va-voom in her moves.

Shannon - Again, looked gorgeous but she dances small. She has long arms and legs and needs to be more elegant. Her lines are great at times. She should focus on them from here on out.

Cristian - Looks like he's enjoying himself but the moves just aren't there. He looks like a robot. Cheryl needs to focus more on his technique rather than his physique.

Marissa - The judges were absolutely right. She is way better than the performance she gave. Her face is animated but her body is not. Dead from the neck down.

Priscilla - Her score was a testament to Louis' instruction and choreography. She is better at the ballroom than the latin.

Jason - He and Editya have great chemistry and she finally has a partner that will let her shine. She's a phenomenal dancer and together they look fantastic. He has the potential to do very well in the competition but need to focus on his technique. He tends to dance small with her and his posture is lacking.

Kristi - She's a dynamo. She has trouble emoting but I think she'll work on that from now on. Her technique is awesome and she looks great. She'll be tough to beat.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kristi - I think it'll be because of Kristi that they start 2-part scoring: technical and artistic because she got her 10's from the technical side, while coming up a little short on the performance side. I fear she might have started out too strong, we'll see.

Adam - Scored a 10 on the off-the-wall comedy side, but I think scarecrows could have danced better than Adam. Poor Julianne, she's giving it her all, dressing up Adam's dance deficiencies any way she can.

Priscilla - Got her lowest scores, but I think the judges were a little rough on her. Her strength will almost always be on the artistic side.

Mario - He was too exaggerated in his movements, and I don't get any sense of chemistry between him and Karina. Mario was still a little sloppy getting to the holds.

Marley - A pleasure to watch, she hits the emotional framework of her dances, and does a nice job once again.

Jason - Can't believe he got 10s from 2 judges, especially with the minor missteps, but they graded on the artistic and not the technical. Len's 9 was the more appropriate score.

Shannon - She let it rip tonight, made a nice breakthrough in not being self-aware and just flowed very effortlessly in her waltz. But I'm sure people were holding their breath, scared to see Derek hurt himself again. Len scored on the artistic for their 10.

Cristian - Loved the fierceness of Cristian's character during the dance, but it's true, he does look funny when he not in contact with Cheryl, but he's improving week by week.

Marissa - Although always an odd-looking pair when they dance, Marissa and Tony really let loose with their dance and imparted a lot of entertainment value to their performance.

If Adam survives, then Marissa or Mario will go, that's how I see it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I found it extremely distracting. I kept semi-voluntarily focusing on his neck instead of their bodies.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Kristi - Her technique and musicality are awesome. She is blossoming as a performer. That's what she needs to win it all.

Adam - Julianne is so gorgeous it almost makes up for what a dufus Adam is. I laughed -- but it's a dance competition. Gone tonight.

Priscilla - Artistically, she's great. Her technique is pretty good. She will stick around.

Mario - His posture sucks and he slinks around too much. I understand why his scores have gone down. Latin next week -- may be an unswing for him.

Marley - A "nice" performance again. I know she's deaf but she bores me. Sorry.

Jason - I don' think they deserved a 29 but they have the best chemistry. They look great together and they performed very well. More like a 27.

Shannon - Wow. She gets the "most improved" award. They looked great but even better -- they performed great.

Cristian - He's doing okay but his choreography isn't as challenging as some of the other dancers. Cheryl continues to sizzle. So sexy.

Marissa - A great performance especially compared to last week. Of all the dancers, I like her the least. She bugs me.

Adam should go, joined by Marissa and Mario in the bottom three for the night.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to comment on the results show. I only watch this one sporactically because it's just an expanded show to stretch out the suspense with staged dancing numbers and the musical guest. ( I realize the network wanted to add another half hour due to the popularity of the show)

The thing that I do find interesting is that the professional dancers also do numbers here. Seems like they have enough to do to get their partners in shape for the next dance, and to add this extra effort to choreograph and dance to the guest musical artist.

Of all the dnacers, Kristi does appear to be the strongest, though I agree her artistic performance side is not as strong as the technical. I saw some debate that it was unfair as she was an Olympic and professional skater. But I see dancing is as much artisitc as athletic.

Adam does appear missmatched with Jullianne and I feel bad for her.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Adam dunzo but I was surprised to see Priscilla in the "bottom 2." Am I correct in thinking that they are simply revealing who's safe in no particular order on results night, meaning Priscilla may not have had the second lowest total?

That sounds right.

Sheryl Crow was great, btw.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Is it me, or does it look like Cheryl is really into Cristian?

Tom Bergeron told Priscilla and Louis that they were in the bottom two.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mario - definitely got high scores for being musically smooth during their performance, but it was scored a little too high.

Priscilla - she looked and danced her age, finally, as the latin style dances expose her lack of hip action. Probably in the bottom two this week.

Marissa - fun time on the dance floor from someone giving it all, plus Tony looks like he's having a grand time dancing with her.

Cristian - It was a so-so performance, which was disappointing, given his heritage. He might be going home.

Marlee - she was out of sorts at times, but it was to be expected on these dances that turn on a dime, and she wasn't able to keep up with the internal count in her head, but she is still impressive to watch dance given her deafness.

Kristi - was great, enjoyed every second of it. She got out of her comfort zone, threw caution to the wind and it improved her dancing on the artistic side, and she was still quite strong on the techincal side.

Shannon - looked nice, but never quite got into the groove, and still doesn't have the stamina (she was out of gas about 2/5 of the way into the performance).

Xerxes - he's kinda boring me now, doesn't have the snap in the hip action he needed to really sell that dance.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Mario - I thought he danced very well during most of the performance. They are really hard on him.

Priscilla - Boring. I was wrong about her. She's lost quite a few pounds, though. Louis looks ill.

Marissa - Danced pretty well. Woopee -- vote her off already.

Cristian - He and Cheryl have no chemistry. He's dull.

Marlee - Her disadvantge shows in the Latin dances. She's an inspriation but that shouldn't overshadow her ability.

Kristi - Very sexy performance. Strong competitor. Mark is a fantastic choreographer.

Shannon - Looked stunning but she's gawky, like a newborn horse. She gassed out, too.

Xerxes - Great lines. I think that dance style was boring but as a couple, they have the best chemistry and that made it a great one to watch. So hot. Editya is very bendy. (That sex'll melt your face.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Marissa - Good on her first dance, but her second dance lacked content and was dull.

Cristian - Oddly enough he's better on ballroom (much more fluid now), and not as good on the latin dances (odd hip action), but that arm twist did look really painful, initially thought he got a muscle spasm because his arms looked a little too pumped up.

Kristi - she's a pleasure to watch, and Len is really out-of-step. She's really loosened up, and just letting it rip.

Mario - the problem with Mario is his frame is basically the same for either ballroom or latin dances, so he looks too loose with the ballroom dances, until he gets some discipline, he'll be dancing by the seat of his pants for the remainder of his stay on the show.

Shannon - as long as she doesn't have to raise her arms fully extended, she looks okay during the dance, but as soon as the arms are fully extended, her gawkiness flares up. But I enjoyed the augmented hip action and turns.

Xerxes - his first dance was amazingly light for a man of his size, just a lot of fun and energetic. The second dance had some nifty swings/lifts, but didn't flow at all.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That injury that Cristian suffered looked bad. They still don't seem to know what the problem is according to the news I saw this morning. Hope it's okay.

My theory is he may bow out and and save the remaining dancers this week. Just a guess of course, I think he'd rather stay and keep trying. But it looked like he and all the other stars are really taking this seriously and working their bodies to the breaking point.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Marissa - She's doing well. Second dance was dull -- I hate that style anyway.

Cristian - He was straining a lot as Cheryl did her sexy dips and bounces. Detached tendon is likely from what I saw. In the post dance interview he looked both injured and disappointed. Otherwise, he was getting better. I bet he's done on doctor's orders.

Kristi - So much better than everyone else. Their second dance (contrary to Len's view) was stellar. Their choreography is at a different level than everyone else. Their chemistry, musicality, technique and synchronization is incredible.

Mario - He's a good dancer but not a very good ballroom dancer. I enjoy watching him (mostly because Karina is gorgeous) but his technique is poor. Compared to others (like Jerry rice), he's much better.

Shannon - She's hot...until she dances. She's like a newborn horse -- gangly, gawky, awkward. There are photos of her and Derek making out -- they have nice chemistry. She's totally into him.

Jason - He has plateaued as the season progresses. He's not dancing "big" enough although he moves well and throws Editya around like a ragdoll. His posture is the key. If he would open up his chest and get his lines straight, he'd be a force to reckon with.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I hope that Christian isn't hurt that bad. It was weird. He was dancing without having Cheryl hanging on him and he hurt his arm. I believe it is a muscular strain and not a tendon pull but we will see. He may be out of the competition though.

Kristi is still my favorite to win the whole thing.

I like Mario a lot but the best thing he has going for him is Karina.

Jason is a great guy and I loved his tribute to his team. He could pull off the whole thing but if it ends up between himself and Kristi he is going to end up in second place.

I love Marissa but she is not in the same league with the others when it comes to dancing.

Shannon Elizabeth is about as hot as they come on looks but I agree she is kind of awkward with her arm movements and she can't move her legs to keep up with the rest of her. I hope she and Derek end up together after all of this. They make a great pair.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Well, Cristian ruptures a tendon and doesn't get sent home. It'll be interesting watching him dance with his arm in a soft cast. Maybe we won't notice any difference.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I guess no lifts for Cheryl by Cristian (unless they were able to balance it so he only used his right arm, that way lies madness and more injury potential).

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
You have to admire the guy for wanting to stick it out. I hope he doesn't cause himself a lot more damage for some dance contest. No one would think the lesser of him if he went home that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks