What's new

Dancing with the Stars Season 6 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the judges over-scored Cristian and Cheryl, but they did bring the heat, the energy, and the snap to both of their dances, much moreso than any other couple, so I'm okay with them finishing in the lead for the night. Cristian definitely danced looser and with attitude, I'm sure the painkillers helped, too. :)

Marissa is probably a goner.

Mario and Karina had the best looking lift in their first dance.

Hitman was on point for his first dance, but did look pretty mediocre in his second dance.

Kristi's outfit in the second dance was ridiculous, but the degree of difficulty for the second dance was much higher than any other dance in the 2nd round.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Cristian and Cheryl had fun in their second dance. I'm glad to see him going for it with his injury. Scores were too high.

Kristi did the most difficult routine of all and get s an 8 from Carrie Ann? Ridiculous score. I liked to see Marissa do what she did.

I'm glad Marissa is having so much fun. "The tribe has spoken, it's time for you to go."

Jason and Editya were great in the first dance. Second dance looked like a different couple. They put all their eggs in one basket last night.

Mario and Karina had a nice first dance -- great lift. I enjoyed their jive, too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, last night's elimination was somewhat of a disappointment in terms of quality of dance for the final 4 next week.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer

It should be interesting. Kristi needs to step it up. She seemed like a shoe-in but now I'm not so sure.

Cristian's honeymoon should be over next week.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
It may just be Jason that goes home next week. I just have this feeling. He actually has gotten worse instead of improving.

It should be Marissa that goes next. It should have been Marissa this last time too. She even thought she was going home over the last two shows.

Christian has a good chance to be in the final because he really has stepped up his game after his injury. It isn't just a pitty factor. His dancing has really improved.

I still think Kristi is the best by far and if she doesn't end up winning the whole thing I am going to be pissed.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone think Cristian was dancing better because he might be on muscle relaxers for his injury, and was dancing much more loose and free? I know when my co-worker had to take some of the same medication, he got loopy as hell in spots during the day.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Anyone agree that she appears to be this year's Marie, as far as somehow managing to stick around way longer than she should have, solely based on fan support?

Cristian will probably wind up going home next week, if only because IMHO the strain of having to perform two dances w/ a bad arm will eventually catch up to him and will probably show itself in his performance.

I will be a bit miffed if Marissa manages to make it in the final two--unless Jason totally flops (I would have said alternately if Marissa manages to get a perfect score, but what are the odds of that happening), there is no way she should belong in the final two. The final two should be for the two best dancers IMHO...

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Jason - Looked great during the ballroom portion. His Latin was lacking a bit.

Marissa - In last place but danced okay. She's not as good as the other 3.

Cristian - Did pretty well last night. Great scores (if a bit inflated).

Kristy - Awesome tango, pretty good jive (her feet don't pop like Mark's).

Who goes home? You're guess is as good as mine. I'd say Marissa is done.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Xerxes at least commanded both dances well enough.

Marissa seems to be dancing in molasses during the rumba, her latin dances are so coma-inducing. Buh-bye.

Cristian has freed up his dancing, but again got over-scored, mainly for his full-on booty shake at the end of the samba.

Kristi's lightness probably works against her because she is so agile and quick, but at least Bruno 'gets' her and Mark's dancing (especially when you compare it to the others still in the competition).

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Okay so I underestimated the possibility that reality would eventually rear its head--now that Marissa is gone, how will the finals unfold?

Realistically, IMHO Cristian will go first...w/ Kristi winning it. At the same time, I would not be completely surprised if Jason goes first. My dark horse upset winner prediction--Cristian.

Anyone catch Carrie Ann's choice of words when she was offering her opinion of the child performances? She referred to the first child couple as "munchkins"...then for the second child couple, said that she'd like to "put them in her pocket" so that she could take them home with her. Nice going there, Carrie Ann--I see you sure spend a lot of time talking/dealing with kids...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I had a thought, I saw a promo for this Monday's Finals show and I was wondering if anyone else thinks there's a possibility that there could be a tie between Kristi and Cristian.

I think Kristi will and should win for her dominating athleticism and improvement in her artisitc side. I know her ability to sell a mood and passion of a particular dance is her weakness.

I think Jason is strong and with Edyta is a great team, but I'm suspecting Cristian is getting a lot of sympathy votes for forging ahead and possibly injuring himself worse. So he might tip the votes.

Which is why I think he and Kristi may both win.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Interesting side note -- Jason Taylor was interviewed on ESPN over the weekend, and when asked whether in 10 years he most wanted to be remembered for football, dancing, or acting, he answered "acting" without a moment's hesitation.

Pretty shocking if you follow football. He's got a shot at the Hall of Fame.

On another side note, I picked up a dice game called Dancing Dice -- it's a little bit like Yahtzee (with more strategy) but the theme is a ballroom dance marathon. The pips on the dice are step markers (like on dance instruction charts). :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I broke a sweat just watching Kristi and Mark's free style. The other 2 pairs looked like they were moving in slow motion.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Cha Cha combo:

Cristian and Cheryl had fun. The crowd loved them. Jason and Editya were off a bit -- Jason was a bit stiff and missed a few steps. Kristi and Mark blew them away. Great technique and the hardest choreography by far.

Freestyle:

Kristi and Mark were again the best -- tough, intricate choreography and a great performance. Jason and Editya had great lifts. Cristian and Cheryl did the best they could with his injury. I liked how they gave their freestyle a latin flavor. They looked good but nowhere near Kristi and Mark.

Kristi wins in a walk. She's totally awesome. She looked hot, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks