What's new

CSW M80's (1 Viewer)

Mark Ro

Agent
CSW is having a sale and I can either get the Newton M80's ($260.00/pair) or get the Tower II series ($499.00 pair). These would be used for my main speakers. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DaveThomas

Grip
I have a pair of the M80's and am very happy with them. They have clean strong bass response down to just under 50Hz, rolling off to its lower limit at about 40Hz. Overall response is very balanced and natural, this is definitely not a boom and sizzle speaker. The midrange is accurate and smooth, vocals and acoustic guitar sound just right. Some speakers reproduce certain types of music better than others, but these play everything I listen to well.

In my small apartment, I don't get much of a benefit adding a subwoofer, because these get low enough to let the neighbors know I'm watching a movie. Anything more and I would get a few calls. For the price you quoted I don't think you'll find a better near full range speaker.

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Mark, I have a pair of M50s - the smaller cousin of the M80s and they're pretty decent. For that price, I'd give the M80s a try - especially with the 45 day return policy. My experience with the M50s is similar to Dave's - they seem very balanced. If you're buying from a local shop, then bring in some of your cds/music and ask them to demo them and see how you like the sound.

good luck,

--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks