What's new

Criterion Releases for 2019 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Never can figure out the best thread to post this kind of heads up.

For those who wait for those joyous 48hrs a year of Flash Sale directly from Criterion.com it's getting close again. I don't have any specifics, but the most common Winter date for the sale is the 4th Tuesday of February (26th this year).

Usually there is very little heads up -- occasionally the day before but often the morning of the sale.
Expectations were that it might happen at the 2/12 release of Berlin Alexanderplatz last week, but nothing.

Feb 26th date was also when the $300 Bergman Collection was listed as Pending re-Release lending a double reason for the likely sale date. Then the Collection showed up mid January at many retailers and the Criterion.com date went from 2/26 to 3/5 and even 3/12 earlier this week. NOW, the Bergman box is actually listed in stock at Criterion.com which I'm going to take as a pretty good omen that Eli is indeed Coming Home very soon.

Now if Criterion.com would ever get it's My Criterion area fixed and several days ago the Wishlist area went down and all it shows is an ERROR message

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Either the starry starry night alludes to VINCENT AND THEO and LUST FOR LIFE. BABOOZLED is cleverly the bamboo sled.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Swing Time is more clearly represented ... but would Warners release it to Criterion?

I don’t see why Warner wouldn’t give Swing Time to Criterion, especially as they’ve given Criterion a decent amount of their high-profile classics over the past few years.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Nothing happening on Criterion's website nor any of their Media pages regarding Flash Sale. Looks like a false alarm at least for this week. In 2015 the Q1 sale was 3/10 so it's still likely pending rather than not happening and they could also break their Tuesday pattern as well.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I don’t see why Warner wouldn’t give Swing Time to Criterion, especially as they’ve given Criterion a decent amount of their high-profile classics over the past few years.

Well, that would be bad news for those of us hanging out for a Warners box set of the complete cycle of Fred and Ginger at RKO. Can't see them proceeding with that if they give one of the gems away!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Anybody have any ideas about the latest cartoon? (A star piercing a fluffy cloud with other clouds surrouding it).

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
It';s appears we have a go on the 50% Flash Sale for Tuesday March 5 starting at Noon ET

52755272_10216271927822372_6758484189646946304_n.jpg

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It';s appears we have a go on the 50% Flash Sale for Tuesday March 5 starting at Noon ET

52755272_10216271927822372_6758484189646946304_n.jpg
Thanks for the heads up :)

I must not be that loyal :( ... The My Collection is back up! But the ability to add a title directly from the My Collection page seems to be gone although you can search for the title and add it through the "Add to My Collection" option
upload_2019-3-4_19-20-6.png

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I must not be that loyal either...even though I own every title in the collection in multiple editions!:lol:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
First 2 orders in -- first one to get me over the $50 Cert limit, the cert was delivered almost immediately then I placed a 2nd order for 3 titles with the $50 Cert and $10 Charter Member Reward for accepting their streaming service offer a few months ago.

2nd order 59.91 - $60 Certs -- $0.00 and qualified for Free Shipping. The FS limit is determined before adding Gift Certs, etc so an extra bonuse

Smooth as silk this sale. No delays, no lockups, no freezes, and not even remotely slow like in the past

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Got in on the Criterion 50% flash sale.

The titles were still more expensive than ordering on Amazon, but after applying my $10 Gift Certificate for signing up for the streaming channel, it brought my total down significantly.

I ordered WINGS OF DESIRE. Never saw this film before and have been wanting to.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I ordered 3 movies at $19.97; all were much cheaper than the amazon prices. I had to do a double-blink because amazon wanted $38.34 for Criterion's Time Bandits ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks