What's new

Criterion Press Release: World of Wong Kar Wai (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Anyone experiencing technical glitches of discs freezing, as described by some Amazon reviewers?

In either case, sounds like I should hold off on purchasing this until the dust settles a bit.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Watched In The Move For Love yesterday on my Oppo 203 and the disc froze 20 minutes before the end. After switching off the player and restarting, the disc played flawlessly to the end.

Still hated the green grading though! It may be exactly as the filmmakers intended, but the original colour scheme is far superior. If you haven't seen the film before, you won't mind the new look. The audience watching with me yesterday didn't find anything wrong with the green. But afterwards I showed scenes from the original "red" Criterion disc to them and they were quite astonished at the difference.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, I was just reading about the films by Wong Kar Wai and I was interested in picking up this set from Criterion to experience them. I’ve never seen these films before.

I was surprised to read about the shift to green done to In The Mood For Love. I‘ll do more reading on this release.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
In the Mood for Love credits two cinematographers - Christopher Doyle and Mark Lee Ping-bin - with many sources also crediting Kwan Pun-leung.

The older Criterion Blu-ray claimed to have been supervised by Mark Lee Ping-bin. Does anyone have a breakdown of how much work each DP did? I wonder how Lee feels about the recoloring.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks