What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: The Others (2001) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was hoping to review this release but was a bit late to the game. I’ll probably still do it, but it wouldn’t be until the official release date.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OH MY GOD!
I love this film!
So, if we don't have Atmos capability what happens?
Actually, Atmos soundtracks incorporate 7.1, not 5.1, though there is no reason a 5.1 system can't play it. There just could be something missing unless you have an Atmos processor. This release also includes a 5.1 track, which would generally be ideal for 5.1 systems. On 7.1 systems, even without an Atmos processor, the Atmos soundtrack is usually the best option. Was that confusing enough?

OH, and I did end up receiving a reviewer, so I will be reviewing this.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Down to $24.99 on Amazon to match B&N sale. Wonder if I should pick it up now or gamble it will drop to $19.99. Not in a hurry to buy it so I can wait.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I seriously doubt any Criterion 4K/UHD gets below $24.99.

I almost plotzed yesterday when I was in my local Best Buy, and saw that they had this priced at $59.99, which is $10 over the MSRP!

On edit: And now, when I look it up on their website, they're asking $34.99 for it. Weird.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Down to $24.99 on Amazon to match B&N sale. Wonder if I should pick it up now or gamble it will drop to $19.99. Not in a hurry to buy it so I can wait.
So far, no Criterion 4K UHD title has been sold for less than $24.99.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I went back and forth for a week about purchasing this, even at the sale price.

I watched this years ago when it was first released. I don't quite remember it, but I know it didn't have a big impact on me.

This disc has received so many positive reviews that I figured I would roll the dice for a first-rate 4k Atmos presentation.

Ordered, though all my procrastinating has pushed Amazon delivery back three weeks, which is no big deal.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Still waiting to see comparisons with the SC disc, to decide which one to get...
But, from what I know, the SC disc doesn't have the deleted scenes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks