What's new

Crimson Tide ?? Black Rain ?? What happened ?? (1 Viewer)

deanCorso

Auditioning
These 2 awesome movies were announced for Special Editions , then they were postponed to a later date .. Can anyone please tell me what happened or if they heard of any further news ??

Please let me know .. Thanks ..:confused: :angry:

CraigL

Screenwriter
Black Rain was never announced. You are mistaken.

Crimson Tide was announced and then deleted.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm so MAD at BVHE for not coming through with CRIMSON TIDE and ENEMY OF THE STATE anamorphic re-releases.

May their armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels! :angry:

CraigL

Screenwriter
Rumored is different from announced. And there wasn't any solid reason to believe even a rumor.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Black Rain was announced as a first run HD DVD title.

Crimson Tide was announced along with Enemy of the State then dropped. I was not happy about that. I wanted a 16x9 copy of Crimson Tide. Perhaps we'll see it come out when the latest Ridley Scott movie is announced for Dvd(Kingdom of Heaven).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Then again, ED WOOD and MICROCOSMOS, botgh now available, had been "cancelled" or postponed by BVHE for years, too.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
They're clearly saving Crimson Tide for the HD release. It's one of those titles which will look fabulous with HQ picture and sound.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well if they do, that sucks for those of us who will not move to HD, but stay with regular DVD's!

If they had only done an anamorphic DVD, then I could see holding off.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
crimson tide and enemy of the state are out here in europe and australia for a couple of years as special edition with anamorphic widescreen. i have both and i just watched crimson tide. for the quality i must c.t. is really good. only letdown are some aliasing but that's it. enemy of the state looks better then the first dvd edition (region 2) but still has some horrible halos. it's a shame that buena vista still hasn't brought these two films in region 1 in proper editions.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I guess BHVE doesn't read this forum because a lot of people have been begging for these titles to be re-released in anamorphic widescreen. :angry:

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am down to about 4 non 16x9 titles of which Crimson Tide os one. If it comes, I will gladly replace mine. In the end it's all about $$$ but it is a shame to see titles released and re-relased 3 and 4+ times that may not be totally justifyable while titles like these are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks