What's new

Crimes of the Future (2022)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Crimes of the Future (David Cronenberg)

Genre: Science Fiction, Horror, Drama

Director: David Cronenberg

Cast: Viggo Mortensen, Léa Seydoux, Kristen Stewart, Scott Speedman, Welket Bungué, Don McKellar, Lihi Kornowski, Tanaya Beatty, Yorgos Karamihos, Yorgos Pirpassopoulos, Nadia Litz

Release: 2022-07-21

Runtime: 107

Plot: A deep dive into the not-so-distant future in which humankind is learning to adapt to its synthetic surroundings. This evolution moves humans beyond their natural state and into a metamorphosis, which alters their biological makeup.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, I am excited. That looks brilliant. He was for all intents and purposes retired because he could not raise funds any longer to make a picture. Then not long ago he said there was a possibility he had a project that might go forward...and there it is.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm sure fans will have already noted that the title of this picture goes all the way back to his second film from 1970. Which I think is on a Criterion release as an extra...or was that on another set? I know I have it here somewhere...

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
OK, the 1970 version of Crimes of the Future is on the Criterion release of The Brood. It also appears on the Arrow UK release of Videodrome. Glad I looked it up because The Brood would probably have been one of the last places I would have looked for it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
OK, the 1970 version of Crimes of the Future is on the Criterion release of The Brood. It also appears on the Arrow UK release of Videodrome. Glad I looked it up because The Brood would probably have been one of the last places I would have looked for it.
I'm pretty sure that the original Crimes was also on the Fast Company DVD (and eventually the Blu-ray) from Blue Underground that came out about 20 years ago too.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm pretty sure that the original Crimes was also on the Fast Company DVD (and eventually the Blu-ray) from Blue Underground that came out about 20 years ago too.

I don't have that disc so did not know that. I knew I had it on something and thought it was on a Criterion. I think the Criterion and Arrow versions of Crimes of the Future are newer scans of it so probably better quality than the Blue Underground version. Obviously, I can't compare. I only have the Criterion blu-ray of The Brood.

I don't think this picture is a remake, I think it is using the title and possibly some ideas.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't have that disc so did not know that. I knew I had it on something and thought it was on a Criterion. I think the Criterion and Arrow versions of Crimes of the Future are newer scans of it so probably better quality than the Blue Underground version. Obviously, I can't compare. I only have the Criterion blu-ray of The Brood.

I don't think this picture is a remake, I think it is using the title and possibly some ideas.
I imagine that the Blue Underground Blu-ray has it in standard definition (since the extras are probably just a port of what was on the DVD) and Criterion's The Brood has it in HD so that's the one to own.

And yeah, my understanding is that the new Crimes is not a remake and they only share the same name.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
crimes.png

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks