What's new

Counting Crows and KISS (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Hey Everyone,
I've been a big Counting Crows fan (see Sig) since all the way back in '95 - anyway, I thought it was newsworthy that Ben Mize, the Crows drummer since the August and Everything After tour decided he no longer wanted to live the rock star lifestyle and so the Crows pre-XMas shows out West were the last for Ben. But now it has been officially confirmed by Adam that Peter Criss, formerly of KISS, is the new drummer. I'm I was pretty shocked when I heard the news (I've had little exposure to KISS outside of the radio) - but this change should really shake stuff up for the Crows - I'm pretty excited.
According to Adam they're currently in rehearsals with Peter and it looks like he will be going on the road with the Crows for the Winter Europe Tour that kicks off on January 15th in Scotland. Should be awesome.

JQ

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Jason, can I ask why you are excited?

As a long time Kiss fan, I love Peter Criss, but as a drummer he's simply average at best. Most Kiss fans will tell you that the late Eric Carr and the present Eric Singer (formerly of Badlands) are both far superior musicians to Peter.

Peter would have to be about 55 or so right now and he also has his own propensity to not want to tour. He has also made financial stakes that has led to his leaving Kiss on two different occasions (read: he's always looking for more money).

I'd be very surprised if he stays in the band for more than 18 months, honestly.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Something just doesn't smell right to me.

Granted the news came from Adam himself on the Counting Crows website, but the way he accounces the new drummer is like in passing.

I would assume there would be more news of Peter Criss joining Counting Crows, like a press release from either the band or Peter Criss.

And from the message board at the Counting Crows website, there are not to many people happy with Peter Criss or Kiss. I also found it funny that there are some people posting on that website that have no idea who Kiss is??

Paul

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
And from the message board at the Counting Crows website, there are not to many people happy with Peter Criss or Kiss. I also found it funny that there are some people posting on that website that have no idea who Kiss is??
The CC Messageboards are, for the most part, HORRIBLE. It seems like a bunch of whiny children. I dont even know why Adam bothers reading it most of the time. I love that he's trying to get feedback directly from the fans, but the messageboard is not the place to do it.

JQ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks