What's new

Cosby Show & The Diffrent World Coming!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I read the news this morning that'sd so cool. I love Diffrent World ever since I saw it on TBS a few years ago. So UrbanWorks is distrubting this huh? Are all Casey Werner shows on a show by show basis so they basically aren't distributed by one company? Dosen't UrbanWorks do Fat Albert as well? I haven't heard any other shows this company has done? Have they done a good job so far on Albert? Do you think they will they do a good job on this?

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Can't wait, I love A Different World, I think it's a much better show than the Cosby Show. Glad it's getting released :)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Here George from tvshowsondvd.com

The Cosby Show
A few weeks ago we told you that you can soon "Hang with the Huxtables on DVD", but we didn't know much at the time. Within the past few days, it came to our attention that Urbanworks had aquired The Cosby Show DVD rights, and they were planning a release later this year. The problem was that there were various online retailers, including DVDPlanet.com who were starting to list this title, but at two different dates!

We've now confirmed that August 2nd is the correct date for this release, not the May 24th date that other e-tailers are reporting. $49.99 is the SRP for the set, which will have 4 DVDs containing every episode from the first season.

Urbanworks will have complete details later this week, so stay tuned for that and cover art as well. Our thanks to various readers who spotted the online listings for the show and alerted us.

Diffrent World
Urbanworks is expected to make a formal announcement later this week, but online e-tailer DVDPlanet.com let the cat out of the bag yesterday with their pre-order listing for A Different World - Season 1. A 4-DVD set, according to the retail organization, it is shown to arrive on August 30th for a cost of $39.95 SRP (but DVDPlanet is currently selling it for $27.97).

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Who are Urbanworks, and what is their track record? Are they a Shout Factory, a Lion's Gate, or somewhere in the middle?

StacyV

Second Unit
This is great news to finally hear. I'm looking forward to both, but A Different World especially. I love that show, especially after season one. I figured it wouldn't be released before The Cosby Show, so I'm really glad that we got news on both series.

Concerning UrbanWorks, I have one tv related dvd released by them: Streetball: The And1 Mix Tape Tour, Season 1. It's a series that has aired for three years on ESPN, UrbanWorks released the first season set, though season 2 was released by Ryko Distribution. The season one set consisted of 8 half hour episodes on one disc, and a bonus disc of an actual full-length streetball game, along with ESPN promos and commercials featuring the players. One release is not much to go on, but I'm not worried about UrbanWorks doing a job worthy of these releases. We'll get to see how they handle the Fat Albert set due next month.

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm all over The Cosby Show. I want to get all seasons up through season five, but I'll probably buy them all because I'm a completist.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait for Cosby Show--never seen ADW so I'm not sure if I'll pick it up. Maybe I'll wait till I find some time to see some episodes on TBS or if it ever shows up on Nick at Nite.

DaveK

Second Unit
Anthony...
ADW is shown on the Oxygen network @ 10:00 - 11:00 and 4:00 - 5:00 EST.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
ADW is a great show IMO :) The episodes at 10:00-11:00 am are a repeat of the previous days episodes from 4:00-5:00 pm :)

DaveK

Second Unit

Right Angela....
To be perfectly honest, I think the show improved drastically after the first season (after Lisa Bonet and Marisa Tomei left the show).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I agree, but I would still enjoy the first season as well. It went from "B-" to "A" grades at that point. After a certain couple tied the knot in later seasons (I hope that was spoiler-free enough), it went back down to a B or B+, but was still better than a lot of TV at the time.

In my humble opinion, of course!

John*P

Second Unit
If released, the entire Cosby Show series will be mine on DVD. (the episodes had better be uncut...) I never could get into A Different World, tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks