What's new

Cool, sonic mega collection for gamecube in november (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
From Gamespot:

Sega of America has announced that the Sonic Mega Collection will be released in the US. The collection includes Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

The Sonic Mega Collection is currently scheduled for release in November on the GameCube.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Too bad Knuckles Chaotix isn't included. I guess most people hated it, but I thought it was fun. :)
-Dave

Oscar_R

Second Unit
sweeeeeeet, hope they're ugrading the graphics. i whole heartedly support packages like these.

now if only sega got around to releasing a phantasy star compilation like they did in japan........

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I never really played any of the old sonic games except in kiosks in stores. I looked on the sega web site and there isn't any info on these yet...here's hoping they update the graphics too!

I never played the phantasy star games either, but would pick up a compilation of those also.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

I wanted Sonic CD more than anything so well both have to live with it (though all the sonics in one is quite the bargain anyways).

Andre F

Screenwriter
Speaking of old Genesis titles, I could use a version of Shining in the Darkness...
-Andre F

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Same here, Romier. The three 'real' Sonic games were already collected for Sonic Jam, and a warmed over port of Puyo Puoy doesn't appeal to me (Puyo Puyo Box is great collection of the early PP games).

I was really hoping they'd include Sonic CD. Ho hum, time to finally get a Genesis setup again.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I totally forgot about Sonic CD. That would've been great to have in the collection, especially since I never had the chance to play it. :frowning:
-Dave

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Effectively all they're doing is the Genesis/MegaDrive Sonic games - SonicCD is, obviously, a SegaCD game... Sounds like they've got a Genesis emulator up & running on the GameCube like they did the DC.

Interesting... Smash Pack #3 anyone?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
No Sonic CD! This game is the only reason that my Sega CD EVER gets played :) Truly THE BEST Sonic game IMHO.
Well, you can't always get what ya want :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks