What's new

Console Games On My Monitor (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I want to find a way to play console videogames on my monitor. The only solutions I've found involve buying something from Lik-sang.com or E-bay. Is there any place I can find a reasonably priced composite/s-video-to-VGA (note: my monitor is a flat-screen LCD 19") adapter?

Worst case scenario, is there any way I can get the video to go through my videocard and go straight to my monitor without any delay? I'd use it like this if it weren't for the fact that the programs I have that can take video in from the videocard all have delays in when the video goes in and when it shows up on the screen.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
What consoles are you talking about? You might be able to find an emulator and play the games on your PC.

Tim Robbins

Agent
I have a PS2 and an original nintendo hooked up to my computer. I have an ATI all-in-wonder 8500DV video card. the PS2 is hooked up via s-video and L&R audio. The nintendo is hooked up via coax to the tv tuner part.

Hope this helps

Tim

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I know the lag you're talking about Morgan. I have a digital cable box with the composite out going to the projector, S-Video out going to my FlyVideo 2000 card. There is about a half second or so delay or lag on the computer monitor. Can be a tad annoying, especially for videogames.

I used to have a VGA adapter for the PS2 and it worked. Wasn't the best quality but it worked.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm bringing my PS2, X-Box, and GameCube to college with me and wanted to use my monitor to play them. I have an ATI Radeon 9200 and I have available S-video and composite connections. I just need to find a way to play my consoles on my monitor.

I'd like to get an all-in-one VGA cord, but I can't find any without going to eBay. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks