What's new

Considering buying used Boxlight MP-38t... Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Graham Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I am considering buying a used Boxlight MP-38t from someone on this forum for around $2300. I have two main questions:
1. Anyone have experience with this model and have opinions? I have read up at Projector Central and at The Boxlight Site and it seems to be a good deal, I am worried about the apparant native 4:3 resolution since I watch mostly Anamorphic DVDs. Any screendoor issues?
2. What are peoples opinions about buying used on this forum, in general? This is my first big purchase and I am naturaly a little nervous. Thanks!

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Used is definetely not bad if it is well cared for, I am selling a boxlight right now as well in the for sale forum and think they are great projectors.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Well, the Boxlight MP-38t is actually the Sanyo PLC-21N, an excellent choice for home theater. Screendoor issues will probably be an issue if you focus perfectly (something you don't want to do), and sit within 1:1 of the screen (if your screen is 100" wide, then sitting within 100" of it is probably too close).

I've purchased a few used projectors but never here. Does it still have a warranty? If it does, the only thing you'd really have to worry about is the bulb, which is reasonably cheap to replace. If it doesn't, then it might be good to be more wary. Of course, you got to protect yourself. Don't send money orders to europe without the product in hand, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks