What's new

Consensus of best $500-600 receiver? (1 Viewer)

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't been around for a while so I'm out of touch with the pulse of the market.

Need it for a Plasma and need video switching as the primary function. What does everyone suggest, I assume HDTV gets hooked straight into the Plasma but component and SVHS will likely be needed too.

Any hands down favorites I should look at? Thanks in advance! Terry

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Budget?

Denon AVR3805, Yamaha RXV1400/2400, HK 630, Pioneer Elites, etc. etc.

RonFla

Grip
I would be curious about this also. i currently have a Yamaha rx-v520 with Klipsch ksf 10.5 for the mains. the sub is an issue that i'm still debating. for now i have a velo dls-4000 but i may go with svs. anyway which reciever would you guys suggest as an upgrade to power the speakers? i heard good things about marantz, yamaha and denon. pioneers seem to be out of my price range. oh i have sapphire speakers for center and rear.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Give the HK 430, 630 and possibly the 7200 a look, too.

You can get them refurbed direct from HK if you go to Ebay and look up their seller name: Harmanaudio.

Some killer deals and you get the same treatment as if you were buying a new product.

Just something to consider...

RonFla

Grip
i have been hearing this alot. It seems like the HK's may be a good deal but how are they compared to the yamaha 1400 and 2400. i've heard the yamahas are a little better. on the reverse side i've heard yamahas don't match up well with the klipsch i have! sorry for the questions but i'm learning fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks