What's new

Connecting DVD recorder to DTV Tivo (1 Viewer)

Mirko

Agent
I guess since I have had no replies to my earlier thread, maybe thiw will be better.

I would like to know how easy it would be to just connect a DVD player/recorder to my DTV Tivo and be able to record programs from my Tivo hard drive to a DVD disc for future viewing.

Any special problems I should be aware of? Any recommended models for less than $300. I have a Denon DVD 1600 player now but I want to set up a DVD recorder in my new installation.

Thanks in advance,

Mirko

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There are hundreds. I'm looking at the I-Lo that's sold at Wal-Mart for $150 because of the firewire input. I can dump recordings directly from my camcorder to the DVD recorder.

-Robert

Mirko

Agent
I don't quite understand your answer. When you say it records in real time and you have to watch the show, doest that mean that I cannot record stuff that is already on my Tivo hard drive? I want to dump some stuff from my Tivo hard drive to DVD's. I would like to do this as seamlessly as possible.

Thanks for the clarification on DTV vs. D*

Mirko

Heath_E

Stunt Coordinator
By realtime, he means that if it is a two hour show that you want to dump to dvd, it will take two hours. And during that two hours, you can't watch something different. The Tivo will only output one thing at a time. You can have the Tivo recording in the backround though.

Rick.A

Auditioning
I have the Wal-Mart Pioneer 220s connected via SVid from my DTIVO and it is working great! I was surprisd that the 220S records in Dolby Digital 2 channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks