What's new

Connected Audigy 2 to Receiver, center channel VERY weak (1 Viewer)

DavidSeyba

Grip
Hello,

I wanted to connect my audigy 2 to my Yamaha RX-V530. I got three 1/8" minijack-to-RCA "Y" cables ( http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=146 ). They weren't long enough, so I got three pair of their RCA barrel connectors and then a few feet of RCA to connect from the barrel to the back of my receiver.

I have everything hooked correctly, RCA plug wise. But my center channel is extremely quiet when I use my computer sound. It has no 'oomph' behind it and is very weak. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Try attaching the center speaker RCA cable to a different barrel connector plug, and see if that helps.

In my experience, barrel connectors are total crap. You may need to twist the connector slightly to attempt better contact.

It's also possible that you confused the subwoofer output with the center channel output.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Sounds to me like you did it the hard way. Why not just get yourself some coax SPDIF cable? I got 35 feet between my pc and tv and the sound is fine. It is alot less cumbersome than analog cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks