What's new

Congrats Gord Lacey. Nice article in USA TODAY 10/18 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Very nice to see our companion site
TVSHOWSONDVE.COM and Gord Lacey getting
a mention in USA TODAY.

Be sure to check out the article on
the front page of section D and the
related article at the top of page 3D.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Ron! Gord's away at the 2nd annual TV-DVD Conference, where he'll actually be hosting the "Producers Showcase: The Best in TV DVD Special Features" segment tomorrow afternoon, joined by Paul Brownstein, Rob Chynoweth, Darin Henry, Jeffrey Lerner, David Naylor, Mark Ostrich and Morgan Sackett. Wowsers, Gord is moving up in the world! :eek:

For those of you who didn't see the article, here is a link to the online version of it.

I'll let Gord know about your congrats. Thank you, sir!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Absolutely agree, and thanks for bringing this to our attention Ron.

David, thanks for posting the link, I read both articles very interesting and informative.

Good job to Gord, and to David as well for the work they do on TVShowsOnDVD.com

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
:emoji_thumbsup: Great Job guys.:emoji_thumbsup:

I have found so much useful information from your website and your posts in this forum.

Very greatly appreciated.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
It is really nice to see Tvshowsondvd getting the credit it deserves. I am always telling people when shows are coming out and they ask me how I know and I pass along the link. It is great to have a place that does all the work for you and I appreciate all the hard work I know goes into keeping us informed.

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
So, did I understand this correctly - the studio breaks even at 13,000 sales? Is this statistic applicable for most shows or only for the show specifically mentioned?

Translation: did the studio break even for Twin Peaks s1? did it make enough profit to release season 2??

Ang

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Its just for that specific show mentioned. A lot of variables can go in to whether or not a show is profitable on DVD, and how many units it needs to sell to be profitable.

Amount of money spent to clear music for a release plays a factor. If a show has to spend a lot of money on clearing music, it will need to sell more copies (and probably at a higher price) to make a profit.

If any money was spent on restoration, that will add to the equation as well.

Any money spent on production costs for extras, ups the price as well.

Those are just a few factors. Mary Tyler Moore Season 1 sold 85,000 copies or there about and if it made Fox a profit it did so just barely and they might not have even broken even on that one...which is why it is taking so long for a season 2 release and why it would probably be a split season set like Lost in Space.

As for Twin Peaks, in another thread talking about Paramount's plans for next year that they announced last week, someone mentioned that Twin Peaks was likely to see a second season release in 2005 a long with a few other tidbits of information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks