What's new

Component video cables: 6 ft vs 12 ft? (1 Viewer)

Hey guys, is there any reason NOT to purcahse longer 12 foot cables vs shorter 6 foot cables?

Right now, I only need the 6 foot. But in the future I may need longer, and they are the same price. So I figure since it's the same, might as well buy the longer ones.

Would I have to worry about signal degradation or anything like that with the longer cables?

Thanks!

Jack Daniel

Auditioning
i wouldn't think another 6' would make a huge difference, but the longer the wire the more resistance and the worse the quality. however if you intend on needing that extra length, then get longer ones.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
The coax used is rated by rolling out 100 feet, then bragging about the performance of shoving signals in one end and seeing what comes out.

The only 'issue' about 6 extra feet of cable is routing it. You dont want to make loops of the excess cable and you would like to keep the wires away from any other power wires (speaker or AC).

Just make big "S" curves with the excess and you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks