What's new

Complete My Favorite Martian Pilot Master Found!!!!! (1 Viewer)

JeffT.

Deceased Member
Just a quick note to let you all know that Rhino Home Video has located all of the missing masters for "My Favorite Martian - The Complete First Season" and will release it, uncut and from very crisp transfers, this September.

We thank you all for your help with our search and sincerely hope you'll enjoy this superb first season as it was originally aired.

Sincerely,

Rhino Home Video

The above newsbreaking announcement just came in this evening on the TV Shows on DVD website and it appears that Rhino Home Video has successfully acquired a complete master print for the MY FAVORITE MARTIAN (CBS 1963-66) pilot episode entitled (what else?) "My Favorite Martian" (27/09/1963) so all systems are now in full swing for production of the first season DVD collection complete and intact.

That's certainly one less concern now if only there could be as much success in securing a DVD release of THE INVADERS (ABC 1967-68) tv series starring Roy Thinnes.

ARE YOU LISTENING PARAMOUNT PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT?

Jeff T.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
This is great news! I saw this sitcom on a TV Land marathon and throughly enjoyed it. I am looking forward to seeing it uncut, remastered, and commercial free!

As it looks on my Ultimate Upcoming DVD Release Calendar...
9/14/04 - My Favorite Martian - Season 1TelevisionTV-G (***Priority Release!!***)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
How many seasons of this series was in color? How many in B&W? Which ones did you prefer? Color or B&W?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

All episodes of the show were originally filmed in black and white. It was colorized years later. I'm not a purist, so I like to watch it in color.

I would like to know the details on where they found the pilot hiding. I remember Rhino was searching for it and asking for people's help. Was it in some underground vault or storage facility, or was it someone's garage or attic?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Ron, that is totally incorrect.

The final season of the series was filmed in color and broadcast that way back in the 60's. I do not think the earlier seasons have ever been seen in colorized form, either.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
CBS shows turned color in '65 I believe, so My Favorite Martian would probably be among them. Take for instance, The Beverly Hillbillies and Gilligan's Island--they turned color that year. (Strangely enough, Dick Van Dyke didn't...)

I don't really remember what episodes my favorites were from, but they were all pretty funny.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
MY FAVORITE MARTIAN (CBS 1963-66) is the greatest and it was enormously popular during its CBS-TV primetime network run. Heck! I always liked the show better than stuff like BATMAN (ABC 1966-68) and am so thrilled that it will finally be made available in its entirety on DVD at long last...and with an intended September 2004 street date yet!

The series lasted three seasons with a whopping 107 half-hour episodes produced (32 filmed in colour). What's especially significant about the MY FAVORITE MARTIAN tv series is that it was independently produced which no doubt accounts for its general inaccessibility and scarcity over the succeeding decades since it was dropped from the CBS-TV primetime programming schedule.

Incidentally there was a more complete version of the pilot episode "My Favorite Martian" (29/09/1963) initially filmed with many scenes not included in the CBS-TV aired version that's probably languishing in the studio vaults somewhere untouched and unnoticed.

Well done Rhino Home Video!

Jeff T.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks