What's new

Community - Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by TravisR

'Dildopolis' is such an awesome word that it should be added to the dictionary.

What cracked me up even more was that the store's "discreet billing" bills you under the name of the dildo manufacturing company. I'm not sure if I've ever heard that particular word in an 8pm network program of any kind.

Lots of boundary pushing on NBC all night, actually.

"I love you, Drugs!"

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"...and I will wear your little brother's skin like pajamas!!"

The dialogue in this episode was great, but what REALLY killed me were the silent, "I-am-disapproving-of-you" Abed-faces, and the maniacal grin Chang had during his last bit. Chang's Gollum-moment at the end was amazing -- his sustained gaze at Shirley after saying he'll "go get Chang."

At first, I thought he was just using "Chang" as a verb again. Did a bit of a mental double-take there. And I loved his "Get-to-Know-Chang Mix." Hmmmm...what songs are on it, do you suppose?

And finally, I loved Annie's line about her landlord, that if he wanted to rape you, you'd be raped.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Back when Troy turned 21, I wondered why Annie at 18 or 19 wasn't living with her parents when she was going to school relatively close to her home (and she doesn't seem like the "I'm so out of here when I turn 18, man!"-type) and they answered that.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
[SIZE= 12px]Ha, yeah, that was great (re: Nigel). [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]As soon as I saw where it was going (using Chang's natural ability to make people disgusted by/hate him to save the play), I cheered. [/SIZE]Also loved Abed's, "Why did you think that was a good idea?" Delivered perfectly, for Abed has seen so many sitcoms, he can instantly see how a situation will backfire.

("I made you a mix tape. Hope you like Johnny Gill.")

**potential SPOILERS, I guess**

And next week has Dungeons & Dragons! Quite the amusing subject matter, considering Dan Harmon was the man behind that infamous "Dead Alewives Dungeons & Dragons" sketch. Definitely going to be a shout-out to that, I think.

[SIZE= 12px]Watching people on TV play Dungeons & Dragons is a lot more entertaining than playing it in real life, as Freaks and Geeks has proved to me. [/SIZE]

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
D&D? Woohoo! Man I love this show.

Originally Posted by TravisR 180#post_3775879

'Dildopolis' is such an awesome word that it should be added to the dictionary.

When I heard the word I kinda did a "Huh? Wha? They didn't just say that did they? LOL!!!!"

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Last night I saw the commercial for the upcoming D&D episode of Community. I about spit out my food when I saw Chang.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Chevy Chase was firing on all cylinders tonight. Oh. My. Goodness.

Hector the Well-Endowed's introduction ("...I bet you did.") and the following love-scene had me dying. Troy taking notes was the icing on the cake. I hope Fat Neil becomes a semi-regular, on par with Starburns.

This show, man. This show. Effortless great.

"Stop looking at me like I can't get erections!"

I like that they're really committing to Asshole Pierce.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Agreed. The aping of the LotR-style voiceover-intro and occasional map-usage was wonderful, and I yelped out "SCUD!!" when I saw Harmon's comic-book alma mater appear on screen. So much good stuff in this episode.

And the drow sight-gag is still amazing. The Enya-like music when Chang turned in his character sheet slayed me.

But there's a problem: Pierce has become an even huger cocksucker than usual. Even discounting his complete asshole-ishness in the trampoline episode and in last week's, how the hell do they even justify keeping him in the group? I mean, he's King Prick of Prick Mountain at this point. He's making CHANG seem normal. That's fucked up.

Still. Funny as balls. The elf-fucking part was glorious.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pierce just REALLY doesn't like being excluded.

The real genius of this episode is that it had to cost virtually nothing. Except for the intro and the occasional cut away to Pierce's janitor closet lair, the entire episode consisted of them sitting around the study room table talking at each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks