What's new

Commentaries You'd Love To Hear, But Are Not Possible (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Band of Brothers - Commentary by both Hanks and Speilberg on every episode :D

Blade Runner - Ridley Scott and/or Harrison Ford

Mad Max Trilogy - Mel Gibson

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Citizen Kane - William Randolph Hearst & Marion Davies
The Godfather - Frank Sinatra & Harry Cohn
Dr. Strangelove - Werhner Von Braun & Curtis LeMay
Monty Python & the Holy Grail - King Arthur & Sir Lancelot
MASH - Douglas MacArthur
Patton - George S. Patton

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
A cougar commentary for that scene from 24 season 2.

"So there I am, and, er... I'm walking stealthily - that's not my normal stealthy walk, it's a special stealthy walk, 'cause I know, I know, right, that Kim Bauer's in the area, I can smell her stupidity, as she so blithely steps into my trap. ...There, she did it, the fool! The absolute fool! Ha-ha!"

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, I'd pay ANY price for that. And not allow children to listen to it under any circumstances.

Since we're allowing fictional characters to comment, why not:

E.T. on E.T.: The Extra-terrestrial
Donald Duck on any of his cartoons
King Kong on King Kong[/n]
Chewbacca on any of the Star Wars films

RyanZ

Stunt Coordinator
Something that I think lots of you forget is that many stars have or had very little to say about a certain film, especially the classics. Remember that back in the studio days actors produced films on a virtual assembly line, so film assignments rarely differed from one to another. Historically actors have been much more effective doing featurettes than whole commentaries. It is mainly the directors that have interesting commentary on films. A recent example is on Finian's Rainbow. While Coppola had a fascinating discussion about cinematography, studio heads, editing, and the script, I doubt that Petula Clark could have talked about anything more than the dancing.

chris_m_white

Stunt Coordinator
This falls under the category of technically possible, but extremely unlikely...

I really enjoy Oliver Stone's commentary on JFK. He backs up his point of view, is engaging, and relates a lot of good production information, anecdotes, and personal philosophy. I think a fascinating counterpoint to his commentary would be one with scholars who support the Lone Gunman view. Perhaps someone who can defend the technical aspects of the case, and someone else who can critque the portrayal of Garrison and the trial.

I know this will never happen, but I think it would be fascinating...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks