What's new

Combining A and B Powered Outs (1 Viewer)

John S

Senior HTF Member
John Garcia,

yes, what you say is technically true, but read any summery information on bi-wire, and what I posted will be listed as the biggest advantage when using a single amp for it.

They will also claim that it allows for different wire considerations that allow types of wire better for bass to be used for that, and better wire for mids/highs to be used for that.....

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Actually, I use Audioquest Type 4 (4 conductor, solid "perfect surface" high purity copper, quad helix) to biwire my 902s exactly the way Keith is asking about. There are two smaller conductors for the highs, and larger ones for the lows (labeled as such on the jackets). I run the highs off the A terminals and the mid off the B terminal, simply becauyse it is tough to twist the solid wires together to attach to one terminal, otherwise I would have only used one. The midbass cleaned up noticably after doing this, and I've been running them this way for the better part of a year and I am very pleased with the results. I do believe most of the improvement came from just swapping out the jumpers that came with the speakers though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks